– Positions starting at up to $15.00 per hour
– $250 New hire sign-on bonus
– Full benefits package and flexible scheduling available
– Weekly pay
Safely and reliably transport and assist students and other school district passengers to and from school, educational or sporting events, community-based programs and other special activities.
1. Safely monitor student passengers.
2. Conduct emergency evacuation drills as required.
3. Instruct passenger riders regarding safety.
4. Establish favorable working relationships with parents, school staff and Dean staff.
5. Attend training sessions, annual in-service and workshops conducted by Dean Transportation Inc. and/or other approved agencies.
1. Identify with geographic service area of school district and routes you travel.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of rules and regulations promulgated by local, state, and federal agencies.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of state laws and local ordinances.
4. Deal with exuberant behavior characteristics of youthful riders.
5. Administer disciplinary procedures in keeping with company and school district policies.
6. Be alert and exercise good judgment concerning emergencies and day-to-day operations.
7. Conduct a bus evacuation drill.
8. Keep accurate records and reports as required, submit in a legible condition, turn in at the specified time.
9. Conduct yourself as a professional Dean Transportation staff member at all times.
BODY MECHANICS OF SCHOOL BUS MONITOR
School Bus Monitors are required through their employment to perform various tasks. These physical tasks require varying degrees of lifting, pulling, bending and carrying of heavy objects.
Some examples of these are:
1. Opening and closing of bus entrance and emergency doors.
2. Bending, pushing and pulling to load and unload passengers by exerting a maximum of 40 lb. of push / pull pressure.
3. Bending, supporting and otherwise physically helping passengers into and out of a school bus.
4. Carrying and lifting into and from the school bus, personal articles and adaptive equipment of various weights and sizes.
5. Bending and stretching for the cleaning and securement of equipment in the interior of the school bus.
6. Bend, stretch, pull and drag all persons, equipment or other types of articles that would be of varying sizes and weight out of emergency exits on demand.