The Executive Assistant to the Vice President of the Center for Credentialing & Education (CCE) provides high-level administrative support by conducting research; preparing statistical reports; handling information requests; and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. The position requires a wide degree of creativity and latitude in daily decision-making, thereby relieving the Vice President of administrative functions. The Executive Assistant is required to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the Vice President's travel arrangements for conferences.
- Communicates with others as directed on behalf of the Vice President.
- Provides meeting materials for all appointments to ensure the Vice President has all necessary paperwork to properly participate.
- Answers telephone calls and emails and routes to appropriate staff in a professional manner, opens and processes incoming mail, and checks voicemail at least once a day.
- Conducts research, compiles data, and prepares papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees, and the Board of Directors.
- Provides organizational and operational support for planning and facilitating Board meetings and other meetings of stakeholders as necessary (includes preparation of room, materials, minutes, etc.).
- Serves in a leadership capacity in planning operational elements of CCE Board meetings and serves in a support capacity in planning operational elements of NBCC Board and NBCC Foundation Board meetings.
- Aids the Vice President in preparing for presentations and proposals.
- Assists with special projects and events as directed.
- Performs general office duties, such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management database systems, and performing basic bookkeeping.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adaptability – Ability to adjust to circumstances and think creatively
- Communication – Ability to listen to others, process information, and communicate effectively in oral and written formats, including knowledge of the structure and content of the English language.
- Problem Solving/Analysis – Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to see an issue and use objective analysis and evaluation in order to form a judgment.
- Project Management – Ability to work on projects with firm deadlines, project plans, and budgets.
- Attention to Detail – Ability to pay close attention to detail for accuracy and thoroughness in completing work.
- Associate degree from 2-year college or technical school required
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Three (3) years of related experience and/or training preferred
- Microsoft Office products
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Primarily onsite with a minimum number of 3 days in the office.
All positions, regardless of current work location noted on this job description, may change work location requirements from time to time based on business demand.
- Travel to annual regulatory conference
Essential Physical Demands:
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting.
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers such as simple grasping, keyboarding, or fine manipulation.
- Moving self in different positions such as twisting, crawling, or kneeling to accomplish tasks in various environments, including tight and confined spaces.
- Ability to use hands, including hand–eye coordination.
Disclaimer: The scope of the job may change based on business demands. The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list, and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee at any time.
|NBCC and Affiliates provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.