The Senior Accountant / Financial Analyst's responsibilities include assisting with financial planning and budgeting processes, analyzing financial statements and reports, developing financial models, preparing projections, and performing research and analysis as required by leadership. Responsible for providing project teams with financial guidance and assisting with monthly close processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains financial records and ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded.
- Reviews complex financial accounting work processes, systems, and procedures for efficient workflow and conformity with accounting principles.
- Reviews the internal controls and security of all automated accounting applications to ensure conformity with auditing standards.
- Analyzes system design alternatives and identifies potential improvements to existing systems and processes.
- Maintains or assist with the maintenance of accounting information systems.
- Ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the GL.
- Prepares complex balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports.
- Analyzes current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Review monthly intercompany settlment process.
- Lead completion of monthly close process for assigned areas.
- Prepare and review management reports.
- Calculate company expenses and fees.
- Assist with budgeting and monthly close processes.
- Understand key business drivers.
- Assist project teams with financial guidance.
- Attention to Detail – Ability to pay close attention to detail for accuracy and thoroughness in completing work.
- Problem Solving/Analysis – Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to see an issue and use objective analysis and evaluation in order to form a judgment.
- Mathematical – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Initiative – Independently develops creative solutions that will improve or enhance products and services, avoid problems, or develop entrepreneurial opportunities. Plans for upcoming problems or opportunities and takes appropriate action.
- Collaboration and Teamwork – Ability to work cooperatively with other individuals and make valued contributions to the outputs of others in order to assist own team or project to achieve the required outputs.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or other related field required.
- 4-7 years experience in accounting, finance or a related function.
- Knowldge of accounting priniciples and practices, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Experience with GL functions and the month-end close process
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to work comforatably with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong proficiency in Excel.
- Operate efficiently in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- General knowledge of mutual funds or experience in the investment management industry is preferred.
- Preferred non-profit experience but not required.
- Microsoft Office Products
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
- Primarily onsite with a minimum of 2 days per week in the office.
All positions, regardless of current work location noted on this job description, may change work location requirements from time to time based on business demand.
Essential Physical Demands:
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting.
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to use hands, including hand–eye coordination.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers such as simple grasping, keyboarding, or fine manipulation.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one workspace to another.
Disclaimer: The scope of the job may change based on business demands. The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list, and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee at any time.
|NBCC and Affiliates provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.