Coordinate Head Start program in the classroom and home for children, parents, and staff and provide educational experiences in the classroom setting utilizing the concept of team teaching.
1. Work with all children in a caring/professional manner, utilizing developmentally appropriate practices.
2. Encourage the maximum intellectual, social/emotional and physical growth and development of each child through language and curriculum.
3. Plan and implement appropriate classroom activities with other member(s) of teaching team. Plan individualized activities to meet the needs of children. Submit lesson plans for review in a timely manner.
4. Work as a partner with parents in assessing children's needs and setting goals for their individual growth and development. Maintain and update ongoing assessment tool\portfolio and use outcome data to plan, individualize and make classroom changes as needed.
5. Familiarize self with and adhere to Head Start Performance Standards, DCFS Licensing Standards and Two Rivers Head Start Agency Policies and Procedures.
6. Display and maintain daily classroom schedule.
7. Responsible for helping maintain 85% Average Daily Attendance. Maintain and submit accurate daily attendance and meal count. Follow all program policies on children's absences.
8. Plan and organize educational experiences/field trips relating to the curriculum. Submit field trip requests with classroom lesson plans as required.
9. Integrate into the classroom developmentally appropriate strategies for dual language learners. Encourage parents to communicate in their primary language.
10. Maintain classroom in orderly manner and assist in classroom/center cleaning.
11. Prepare, conduct and document two (2) home visits and two (2) conferences each year for children.
12. Maintain on-going verbal and written communication with parents.
13. Participate in staffings for children in class.
14. Report concerns about suspected child abuse/ neglect to Center Supervisor or Family Workers.
15. Participate in scheduled training.
16. Welcome and encourage volunteer involvement in the classroom and guide volunteers in being maximally helpful. Document parent/family involvement in curriculum development.
17. Encourage and document In-Kind hours and donations from parents and volunteers.
18. Prepare and submit reports as requested in timely manner.
19. Keep confidential all information pertaining to Head Start children, families and staff.
20. Must attend all parent child activities.
22. Work cooperatively with and be respectful of all staff, clients and families.
23. Assist in the recruitment of children.
25. Perform related duties as assigned.