Responsible and accountable for the day-to-day management of the business functions for the Medical Center which includes Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. Plans, develops, recommends, and implements systems, processes, policies and procedures to ensure the effective operation of the business unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire and terminate assigned staff as appropriate.
- Coordinate and provide proper training to assigned staff.
- Conduct performance reviews for assigned staff on an annual basis and as warranted.
- Develop and implement performance improvement plans. Implement disciplinary policy as indicated.
- Analyze staffing in operational and clinical areas. Determine and maintain appropriate staffing levels. Assist providers with maintaining proper clinical staffing levels.
- Coordinate payroll issues and edit attendance records for all assigned staff. Track available time off for assigned staff.
- Assess need for new/replacement technologies. Research cost and vendor alternatives and recommend acquisition as appropriate.
- Ensure proper maintenance and upkeep for physical area of responsibility.
- Evaluate most effective and efficient methods for completing all operational functions. Assist with determining improved methods for efficient delivery of quality services. Coordinate implementation of determined methods for completing all operational functions.
- Possess working knowledge of and proficiency in all operational procedures (scheduling, posting, cash balancing, etc).
- Conduct regular staff meetings or implement suitable alternative for ensuring consistent flow of information to staff.
- Maintain frequent and positive dialogue with physicians in designated area/business unit, serving as a liaison and resource to physicians in regard to operational issues.
- Monitor denials, correct and / or assist in the resolution of denial and reimbursement issues. Regularly review denials and resolution of denials as well as coding issues with providers.
- Review and interpret operational data to assess needs for operational and procedure revisions.
- Develop and maintain physician templates, monitor statistical data and operational issues to ensure benchmarks are met and schedules are efficient.
- Review set financial budgets to ensure responsible financial operation, prepare and submit CER's and prepare requested statistical reports.
- Support goals and philosophy of the organization.
- Review, analyze, and develop policy procedures and workflow for all aspects of all operation functions and/or clinic operations. Coordinate changes with other departments as indicated.
- Ensure practice and staff compliance with regulatory agencies and policies through training, assessment and review.
- Perform other duties as dictated by responsibilities and/or assignments.
- Follow all BWC protocols and procedures
- Follow all HIPAA protocols.
- Follow all OSHA protocols.
- Flex employee hours whenever possible to reduce labor costs.