Job Title: Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (12202022TVI)
Location: Georgia/Louisiana/ St. Thomas, VI
Position Type: Telemedicine
The Advance Practice Psychiatric Nurse will provide advanced nursing care for patients with psychiatric disorders and may provide psychotherapy under the direction of a psychiatrist.
• Diagnoses psychiatric disorders and mental health conditions. Distinguishes between physiologically and psychologically based disorders and makes appropriate diagnoses.
• Assesses patients mental and physical status based on the presenting symptoms and complaints. Conducts individual, group, and family psychotherapy for those with chronic or acute mental disorders.
• Documents patients medical and psychological histories, physical assessment results, diagnoses, treatment plans, prescriptions, and outcomes. Writes prescriptions for psychotropic medications as allowed by state regulations and collaborative practice agreements. Monitors patients medication usage and results.
• Evaluates patients behavior to formulate diagnoses or assess treatments.
• Educates patients and family members about mental health and medical conditions, preventive health measures, medications, and treatment plans.
• Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members including psychiatrists, psychologists, and nursing staff, to develop, implement, and evaluate treatment plans.
• Ability to diagnose and treat simple and complex psychiatric and mental health problems from adjustment disorders to serious mental illnesses such as schizophrenia, bipolar illness, major depression, and anxiety disorders.
• Strong skills to manage, coordinate, and evaluate the care and education of the patient and family along the health care process.
• Ability to manage patients who need to be closely monitored.
• Trained to adhere to medications and therapies with complex protocols.
• Expertise in handling sophisticated medical equipment.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• On-call duty may be required (available to work on short notice).