Bolton & Menk is growing, and we have an exciting opportunity for a Survey Field Technician to join our Youngsville, NC team! This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established team of professionals and help make a difference in our local communities! We strongly believe in providing our clients with the best service, we are looking for individuals who want to drive client relationships and business development for the market. Bolton & Menk is a consulting engineer firm with over 70 years of experience serving the Upper Midwest and Southeast region.
What you will be doing:
- Perform field assignments for average to complex land surveying scopes of work including construction staking, boundary location, ALTA, and topography for various project types.
- Collects and processes field measurements and data for engineering and surveying projects.
- Operates survey instruments (i.e., Total Stations, Data Collector, levels and GPS equipment) and resolves operation issues.
- Researches existing survey and engineering records, interprets plans and correctly stakes surveying and engineering records.
- Responsible or organizing and transferring files between data collectors and internal project folders in a timely manner.
- Travels frequently to work site and other project related locations.
What we are looking for:
- Associates degree in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent experience or coursework with three years of related survey technician experience.
- Ability to perform tasks and solve problems with a high degree of independence.
- Good time management, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Trimble equipment and software. (Trimble Access & Trimble Business Center)
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite. (MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook)
- Working knowledge and skills in CAD and design software. (i.e. AutoCAD Civil3D, Microstation)
- Certified Survey Technician (CST III) preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license as travel to various facilities and job sites may be required.
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients in the Upper Midwest with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow’s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms and is a Top 150 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 850 employees in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, North Carolina, and South Carolina there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/our-benefits
We're Social! Connect with us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or on Facebook at BoltonandMenk
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
It is our responsibility and privilege to embrace the diversity of people, thoughts, and experiences necessary to develop infrastructure systems that serve all people.Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.