This internship is with Shout! Factory is part of the Gold Rising Program, an 8-week internship enhancement program that incorporates learning opportunities including an intensive two-day orientation, weekly panels, exclusive networking events, workshops, screenings, and mentorship opportunities with Academy members. To learn more, please visit the Gold Rising page: http://www.oscars.org/gold-rising.
Beloved by fans and filmmakers, Shout! Factory is a unique producer and distributor of independent film, classic and contemporary TV, music, animation, and comedy. The founders pioneered the careful curation and marketing of pop culture music with their first company, Rhino Records. They brought the same passion for quality content to the video space when founding Shout! Factory in 2003, and today we are a company of over 90 dedicated employees who love to bring to the public the film and TV content they love themselves – comedy, horror, animation, nostalgia and fan favorites, delivered thru theatrical release, digital streaming, downloads, broadcast television and DVD. We are searching for Interns to join our team remotely and in our West Los Angeles office. Our opportunity will provide the right candidate a hands-on learning experience working in the entertainment industry. The successful candidate possesses strong written and verbal skills, is proactive, organized, adept at multi-tasking, and can work independently. This is a paid, part-time position lasting three months. Shout! Factory internship opportunities vary across Marketing, PR, Digital, Ecommerce, Sales, and Finance.
EXAMPLE OF RESPONSIBILITIES (based on specific internship):
• Assist with copywriting in newsletters and social media.
• Manage various Excel documents; must understand how to enter data into Excel, move data around (filter) and add and delete columns/rows without errors. • Review and analyze active and past ad campaigns.
• Extensive research, including sales pitch materials, social media talent handles, comparable products and more.
• Assist with market research and other aspects of our titles delivered via theatrical release, digital streaming, downloads, broadcast television and DVD.
• Check online postings of product to confirm accurate and complete listings. • Additional administrative projects as needed.
• Strong writing skills, specifically for marketing and social media.
• Excellent verbal communications, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to take direction and work well with others. • Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to successfully meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
• A high proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. • Strong online research skills.
• Familiarity and understanding of social media channels, specifically Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and ability to write copy specific to each channel.
• An interest and appreciation for entertainment and pop culture is preferred.
• Previous internship experience is preferred.
• Must be a college junior, senior or grad student