Starting Pay: $21.6160 Hourly ($44,961)
After 1st Year: $24.7590 Hourly ($51,499)
After 2nd Year: $25.4798 Hourly ($52,998)
After 3rd Year: $26.1983 Hourly ($54,492)
After 4th Year: $26.9915 Hourly ($56,142)
After 5th Year: $27.7879 Hourly ($57,799)
After 6th Year: $28.6594 Hourly ($59,612)
60 semester hours AND two (2) years’ experience coordinating, developing, or management of events AND a Certified Tourism Ambassador through the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce, or obtain certification within 6 months of hire.
Four (4) years’ experience in coordinating, developing, or management of events AND a Certified Tourism Ambassador through the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce, or obtain certification within 6 months of hire.
Possession of a valid Michigan driver’s license;
Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and irregular hours as scheduled or directed;
May be required to be on call;
May be required to wear a uniform.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Performs skilled professional work in the preparation and coordination of promotions and events at Crossroads Village & Huckleberry Railroad; creates and coordinates revenue generating retail-focused events; works under the supervision of the Crossroads Village Manager.
STATEMENT OF TASKS:
- Assists Crossroads Village Management with program/event operations;
- Creates, plans, develops, recommends and initiates revenue generating events;
- Works independently on assigned projects;
- Coordinates support services for programs and events to park maintenance, park rangers, reservations, etc.;
- Prepares budgetary, revenue, and cost estimates for retail/revenue generating events;
- Coordinates the implementation of revenue generating events;
- Participates in programs/events as required;
- Assists in community engagement strategies for programs and events;
- Assists in the preparation of marketing plans to generate/increase revenue for Crossroads Village & Huckleberry Railroad;
- Assists with the development of promotional materials for programs/events;
- Develops tourism strategy in coordination with local/regional attractions;
- Recruits, trains, and supports volunteers for programs/events;
- Develops and maintains accurate program/event revenue and cost estimates;
- Assists with the development of the budget and ensures that fiscal responsibility is maintained;
- Gathers and manages data, assists with the annual economic impact analysis report;
- Prepares reports and maintains records for facility rentals, programs and events;
- Represents Crossroads Village and Genesee County Parks by attending and giving presentations at local, state and national meetings;
- Acts as liaison to event and promotional managers, companies, and attractions to ensure programs and event needs are met.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with program development, implementation, and evaluation;
- Experience with event planning and recruiting;
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with groups, organizations, and Individuals;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with public and staff;
- Ability to carry out complex written and oral communications;
- Ability to effectively coordinate programs and events;
- Ability to read, write, and be physically able to perform the work;
- Familiarity with the use of social media;
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office products;
- Must be courteous in dealing with public and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, collaboratively, and respectfully in a complex, multicultural work environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion