The Service Desk Representative updates the Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) application of incident and problem management issues and may convey customer feedback to management, as well as provide level 1 support. The Service Desk Representative escalates technical or sophisticated issues to the next level up or as high as management. The Service Desk Representative is an entry-Level position within this field. The Service Desk Representative conducts routine tasks as directed and is closely supervised with little latitude for independent judgment. The Service Desk Representative requires the ability to listen, analyze, document, resolve and/or escalate issues while providing excellent customer service skills to end users in the medical community. The Service Desk Representative investigates issues and concerns by reviewing initial support notes and gathering additional information from customer. As the Single Point of Contact, you are the face of the IT department to all of our users. Additionally, you will work closely with our various IT teams to provide our colleagues with the best possible service.
- Creates a Ticket for new calls into the Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) tool.
- Communicate response times for dispatched tickets to end users
- Identify and resolve end user request, problem or incident using the relevant knowledge base tools and other technical resources
- Participates in Rotational 24/7 365 days (including holidays) Onsite Helpdesk Support; required to work 12-hour weekend shift every 2 months; may need to cover a shift when called upon to do so Follow best practice ticket management processes, i.e. ensuring tickets owned are handled and updated daily and every effort is made to make service levels
- Participate and provides feedback in team meetings and daily IS huddles
- Monitor’s Key performance indicator (KPI) & escalates to management where applicable.
- Identifies recurring incidents and escalate them for problem management.
- Maintains log of all worked preformed and processed and turned in to supervisor by the end of the day.
- Manage the entire service request process ensuring adherence to service level agreements.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to provide end users with outstanding customer care and service always.
- Present a positive, effective and flexible contribution to achieving team targets and objectives
- Protect confidential and sensitive information and materials
- Collaborate with other team members to provide high quality support
- Ensure constant self-development using day to day work, training, and any other available tool
- Efficiently answers, troubleshoots, resolves, thoroughly documents and accurately triages incoming calls, web portal interactions and e-mails into the service desk application.
- Interacts with the customer, department and vendor support to facilitate first call incident resolution.
- Escalates user issues as needed by contacting the appropriate IS resource group.
- Provides updates to customers via the outgoing Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) message system and web-based communication tool.
- Coordinates closely with senior peers to identify, investigate, track, and resolve desktop, application and system issues, ensuring the solution is timely and of acceptable quality.
- Assists in developing and utilizes on-line procedures, solutions, and knowledge databases. Assists with training of peers and acts as a resource for other staff members
- This position has responsibility for multiple company information technology applications and systems. Work is performed in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities regarding the urgency of the issue and/or application.
- Ensure proper PPE is worn at all times while on duty including but not limited to, face mask, gloves, gown, isolation gown, NIOSH-approved N95 filtering facepiece respirator or higher, if available), and eye or face shield when required.
- Participates in departmental workflow and or testing teams as related to electronic health record or other project initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work includes continuous walking, standing, sitting, bending, kneeling, crouching, twisting, maintaining balance, reaching and occasional driving and climbing. Must be able to lift up to 34lbs of items such as paper and books, computer terminals and printers and occasionally lift up to 75lbs of items such IT hardware, computer terminals, computer terminals, printers and backup batteries. Must have ability to push and pull up to 24lbs and occasionally up to 50 lbs. of equipment as well having both hand manipulation of simple grasping, firm grasping, fine manipulation and use of keyboard. Must be able to see fine details, hearing normal speech, use the telephone and occasionally hear overhead pages.
Incumbent works with a large variety of hardware, operating systems, and applications programs, often with similar goals and differing needs. In addition to looking at problems and challenges from a “system” point of view, the applicant must recognize and understand individual program requirements. Must have ability to cope with high levels of stress, make decisions under high pressure, cope with anger/fear/hostility of others in a calm way, manage altercations, concentrate, handle high degree of flexibility, handle multiple priorities in stressful situations, work alone, demonstrate high degree of patience and must be able to frequently adapt to shift work and work in areas that are close and crowded. Must accept a flexible schedule to meet unit needs.
Incumbent may be exposed to infectious disease, dust, fumes, gases, extremes in temperature of humidity, hazardous or moving equipment and loud noises, occasional exposure to chemical agents and unprotected heights.
High School diploma or GED
- One (1) year of work experience in directly communicating and providing service to patients or public; preferably in a healthcare related field. Proficient PC-Windows based experience including fundamentals of data entry and typing.
Other Skills and Abilities:
A record of satisfactory performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current employers. All employment references must address and indicate success in each one of the following areas:
- Technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate professionally, effectively on the telephone, and provide excellent customer service
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi task in a business environment
- Availability in response to needs of the customer for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions
- Positive working relationships with others with a proven track record of strong customer service orientation
- Reliable and dependable; reports to work as scheduled without excessive absences.
- Possession of high ethical standards and no history of complaints.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language; at times simultaneously
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities using good project management skills
- Highly self-motivated and keen attention to detail
- Completion of and above-satisfactory scores on all job interviews, demonstrating to the satisfaction of the interviewees and TCRHCC that the applicant can perform the essential functions of the job
- Successful completion of and positive results from all background and reference checks, including positive employment references from authorized representatives of past and current employers demonstrating to the satisfaction of TCRHCC a record of satisfactory performance and that the applicant can perform the essential functions of the job
- Successful completion of fingerprint clearance requirements, physical examinations, and other screenings indicating that the applicant is qualified to be employed by TCRHCC and demonstrating to the satisfaction of TCRHCC that the applicant can perform the essential functions of the job
- Submission of all required employment-related documents, applications, resumes, references, and other required information free of false, misleading or incomplete information, as determined by TCRHCC.