Are you interested in becoming a Behavior Technician Residential Treatment - Part Time and passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you'll enjoy the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential o fall people. For more than forty years, we've provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to strive. Our person-centered approach to carecelebratespeople for who they areandempowersthem to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow.
- Career growth opportunities.
Pay Range: $18.00 to $21.00 an hour. Based on your experience, education, and credentials.
At Boundless, you have the chance to gain clinical skills and earn more money at each phase. With every successful phase completion, it results in a pay increase of:
Phase 1: $0.50
Phase 2: $0.50
Phase 3: $1.00
Must be able to work two weekends a month.
What You Will Be Doing
This position will be working directly in a residential therapeutic setting with individuals in need of behavior stabilization with diagnoses of autism spectrum disorder, behavioral health conditions, and/or developmental disabilities. Constant engagement with and supervision of individuals will be a requirement for staff. This will include programs specific to the individual's needs based on their IP; implementation of Applied Behavioral Analysis (which is a highly scheduled, intensive therapeutic approach to teach expected behavior and life skills); implementation of highly structured Behavior Support Plans and other approaches that the team determines appropriate for the individual. Crisis intervention is likely for issues including self-injury, aggression, and high-magnitude disruptive behavior.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Ability to maintain physical exertion, kneel and crouch for 45 minutes at a time, several times throughout a shift.
- Ability to standand/or sit on the floor for extended periods of time, possibly for the majority of a shift.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) correctly.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to restrain/hold/transport individuals as needed.
- Ability to perform first aid procedures.
- Must accurately document required data.
- Must be willing to accept and implement feedback and constructive criticism related to job duties and/or performance.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to communicate in English, including both spoken and in writing.
- Three years of experience working with individuals with autism spectrum disorder, intellectual/developmental disabilities, and/or behavioral health conditions.
- Experience implementing Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
- College Degree in a related field.
- First Aid, CPR - adult, child, and infant; delegated nursing (training will be provided, if not already certified).
- Valid Ohio Drivers License with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles; proof of auto insurance.
- No more than five points on license.
Special Skills and Requirements
- Must be detail-oriented and have competent literacy and writing, documentation, communications, and interpersonal abilities.
- Must be able to use tools and equipment as required, including pushing/pulling wheelchairs, and lifting consumers with Hoyer lifts.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.