The position, Driver Recruiter, is responsible for managing the candidate experience; ensuring all applications are acted upon and qualified talent complete the hiring process. This position will conduct telephone conversations with driver applicants through both inbound and outbound calls with the purpose of maximizing each opportunity to influence employment with USA Truck. Driver Recruiters complete a full and complete investigation into the candidate’s work and safety background. Complete ample interviews to generate enough quality hires to maintain a seated truck count above 95% for the company. The individual will have complete oversight, autonomy and authority to extend conditional job offers to candidates.
- Achieve 12 First Solo Dispatch Hires per month and produce 65 quality hires per year.
- Collaborate with operations to evaluate business and understand business needs.
- Maintain a seated truck count above 95% for assigned accounts.
- Create, place, and manage job postings to source candidates.
- Interview, gather, and analyze information skillfully to pre-qualify applicants.
- Inform potential applicants about facilities, equipment, operations, benefits, and pay.
- Manages a high volume of incoming and outgoing phone calls.
- Evaluates candidates work history, safety performance, and cultural fit for candidates.
- Extends conditional offers of employment.
- Must maintain current working knowledge of transportation laws, DOT regulations, and company hiring criteria.
- Completes DOT required investigations into the driver’s background and ensure they qualify for a Class A CDL Truck Driver.
- Record applicant data in the Applicant Tracking System.
- Maintain strict levels of confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year recruiting experience, customer service, or outside sales experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Transportation, sales, or recruiting experience.
- Familiar with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
- Experience with high volume of phone calls.
- Ability to deliver exceptional service through positive engagement and patience.
- Ability to work in a team environment to continuously improve results.
- Ability to promote a culture of trust and safety.
This position will be required to work in an office environment with moderate noise levels, and, with or without reasonable accommodation is required to:
- Remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Frequently operate a computer for extended periods of time and regularly operate other office productivity machines.
- Occasionally ascend/descend stairs and move up to 20 pounds of office objects.
- Frequently communicate with peers, supervisors, third parties, and other employees to exchange accurate information and answer questions.
- Occasionally attend meetings in buildings outside corporate office and at off-site locations with various internal conditions, and requiring travel in various external conditions.
- Travel domestically as necessary.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
USA Truck, Inc. is firmly committed to inclusivity and equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, and does not discriminate against applicants or employees for any reason prohibited by law or its own policies. USA Truck, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations for employees and applicants for employment.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position; other duties outside of normal responsibilities may be performed as necessary to meet the needs of the organization. Nothing in this position description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.