About Energy Services West (ESW):
Energy Services West (ESW)'s expert team brings engineering, procurement and project/risk management under the same roof as construction, resulting in turnkey services that offer the full spectrum of capabilities critical infrastructure owners need to design, build, operate, and maintain their networks. Our purpose is to convene all project development and delivery resources, and operate as a single point of collaboration through the full lifecycle of a project.
The Data Analyst will participate in all aspects of the data management lifecycle, which includes sourcing, cleansing, generation, and data visualization. Key responsibilities will be project implementation in addition to maintenance and support activities related to enterprise planning and reporting. The Data Analyst will also provide insights beyond the data management lifecycle by working with internal stakeholders to turn reports into actionable data.
The ideal candidate should be highly skilled in all aspects of data analytics with technical focus using data visualization tools to identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets. This individual should be committed to transforming data into readable reports for continued innovation and growth.
· Work with key business stakeholders to define and document system requirements to support data and reporting needs
· Participate in cross-functional teams using data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities
· Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
· Develop and support the implementation of data systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize data collection efficiency and improving overall data quality
· Filter and 'clean' data by reviewing performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
· Define business rules for data validation
· Create and maintain technical and process documentation according to defined standards and provide systems training as necessary
· Develop and manage detailed and accurate work plans and appropriately communicate work plan risks and impacts to Management
· Learn new technologies and mentor others in learning new technologies
· Able to interpret requirements to design, develop and deploy analytic solutions within an Agile process
· Oversee the data/report request process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc.
· Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions
· Test application software to assure accuracy, integrity, and completeness to achieve desired results.
· Communicate with end-users and managers on progress of projects, issue resolution, and make sure that all are aware of updates and changes being made to the software
· Identify and define new process improvement opportunities
· Supports all corporate policies and procedures, ensuring 100% compliance
· Adheres to internal IT standards, policies and procedures