Provide clinical services with specific focus on supporting vocational/educational goals, mental health counseling and personal care services in accordance with PACT concept and philosophy. On call and emergency response required.
Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the Vocational Specialist will provide clinical services germane to their service specialty (i.e. vocational, educational, occupational, rehabilitative, etc.) in addition to the general services of personal care, life skill development and supportive counseling services required by the PACT consumer. This Clinical Specialist in conjunction and collaboration with the Team Leader/Clinician is responsible for the resource development, coordination, and delivery of specialized services designed to meet the needs of the consumer. These services may be delivered directly to the consumer or through the coordinated efforts of the PACT team. The Vocational Specialist serving as a member of the PACT team participates in the planning and provision of interdisciplinary training and skill development for all members of the team. On-call availability and response is required.
A. TITLE SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
1. Contributes, in collaboration and under the supervision of the Team Leader/Clinician, in the resource
development, supervision, training and coordination of PACT consumers and their professional/vocational
activities with respect to the delivery of the identified clinical specialty, thus fostering and effective environment conducive to wellness and recovery.
2. Conducts assessments consistent with the identified clinical specialty upon intake and/or upon
request by the consumer and/or other PACT team members.
3. Participates in the intake screening, service planning and discharge review process with respect to
the identified clinical specialty assuring proper management and decision making processes are implemented
with respect to the services available and offered to the consumer.
4. Responsible for maintaining accurate and current records on all consumers, including consumer
charts, progress notes, service/recovery plans, and other reporting mechanisms as may be necessary
to assure effective service delivery coordination and communication.
5. Coordinates and advocates with community service providers for on-going, emergency and other
forms of health care for PACT consumers (e.g. medical, psychiatric, substance abuse, etc.)
6. Conducts individual, group and family education and counseling programs/services addressing the
vocational and pre-vocational needs of the consumer and his/her family.
7. Provides representation on behalf of the agency, the PACT team and/or the consumer at various
community based interdisciplinary service coordination meetings.
8. Contributes to and participates in the delivery of interdisciplinary in-service training and case conferences.
9. Enhances the job readiness of consumers by networking with community businesses and maintains of working database of potential places of employment for the PACT consumer.
10. Provides on-call and emergency response services.
11. Participates in PACT Team and Agency QA process.
12. Performs other duties as may be deemed necessary and appropriate by the Team Leader.
B. PACT SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
1. Displays commitment to the goals of PACT, the PACT philosophy and the team’s response to the needs of the consumer.
2. Serves as a member of the PACT team providing on-going case management, medication monitoring, life-skill development, supportive counseling, crisis intervention, and/or specialized services consistent with training/certification to PACT consumers as warranted and/or requested.
3. Establishes and maintains a treatment relationship with the consumer providing face-to-face services to the consumer in the hospital, the community, and with other agencies and family as appropriate.
4. Participates in the development of individualized treatment/recovery/rehabilitation/wellness plans, overseeing the identification of resource development and delivery of appropriate clinical specialty services.
5. Coordinates and provides PACT Team training and development in areas of clinical and/or management specialty.
6. Provide direct and emergency back-up service support to members of the PACT team.
7. Provides available on-call services on a 24-hour 7-day per week basis.
8. Responsible for accurate and complete documentation of provided services in accordance with established policy guidelines for record keeping.
9. Participates in on-going supervision and/or program development with the Team Leader which may consist of field visits to the consumer's residence, work site, family, etc.
10. Participates in the PACT Team's daily planning and coordination meetings, treatment planning conference meetings, etc.