We are looking for a motivated, curious, energetic individual interested in working in a fun, yet professional work environment. We have a community of smart people, solving hard problems to make ‘magic’ happen. We do research to support NEC’s core business as well as start-ups and spinouts through our NEC-X partner organization.
We would prefer candidates with a minimum of 4-5 years’ experience as a Project Manager in a technical field. We are managing numerous demos and proof of concepts that span multiple research organizations.
We are a multi-cultural organization with a friendly but professional environment, involved in state-of-the-art research.
• Oversees all aspects of technology project demonstrations and proof of concepts to ensure completion on-time and within budget
• Oversees all aspects of IT and Operational projects to ensure completion on-time and within budget
• Partners with stakeholders to build consensus and drive accountability
• Develops detailed project plans
• Manages schedule, cost, and deliverables
• Monitors project milestones and provides status updates
• Performs risk management to minimize impact to project; reports and escalates to management as needed
• Leads deployment of demos including travel to technical conferences and/or customer sites
Candidates must be self-motivated, detail oriented, technically savvy, anticipate needs and work proactively to solve problems. An ability to prioritize work and communicate across the project teams is important. Applicants must also have knowledge of and demonstrated application of good project management practices, Microsoft software experience, and the ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
Excellent communication and people interaction skills are of primary importance. The ability to switch between being a team player and, at other times, a team leader is also required.
• Technical Degree – Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
• Demonstrated experience as a Project Manager (4-7 years)
• Possesses strong knowledge of technology
• Experience with managing matrixed project teams
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
• Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
• Proficient in MS365
• PMI/PMP certification
• Team Management experience
• Familiarity of waterfall, agile, lean, and other common software development processes
• Japanese language is a plus
We offer a full slate of benefits, including 401k, health care, vision, and dental insurance, a timebank of paid time off to draw upon as needed, paid vacation and a family like, yet efficient work environment.
This is an excellent position for someone to contribute quickly and grow within our company.