Environmental Database Administrator (DBA)
Terraphase Engineering Inc. is seeking candidates for an environmental database administrator (DBA) to join our team in one of our East Coast offices (Princeton, NJ or Conshohocken, PA). The desired individual should have experience with EarthSoft's EQuIS environmental data management system and in supporting environmental investigation, assessment, and remediation projects. The DBA will support these projects through the application of data management science and strategies and by collaborating with our risk assessment and risk management consultants to helping clients in make key decisions regarding the investigation and management of contaminated sites.
The desired individual should be interested in working in a collaborative environment, with exceptional work-life flexibility, where advancement is based upon merit, and where professional career development is supported.
- Lead Terraphase's use and application of EarthSoft's EQuIS (centralized) environmental data management system
- Support the development and use of advanced database tools to streamline the organization, evaluation, and presentation of environmental data
- Support the integration of advanced database tools with computational and geographic information system (GIS) technologies to provide high quality, consistent, timely, and cost-effective risk assessment and analysis
- Lead the development and implementation of data management standard operating procedures (SOPs) and electronic data deliverable (EDD) specifications
- Lead the management/negotiation of data transfer protocols with outside entities including analytical laboratories, co-consultants, data validators, and regulatory agencies
- Collaborate with project teams in planning sampling campaigns, deliverable schedules, and project data management needs
- Candidates should hold a BS/BA degree in computer science, information systems, information technology, management information systems, database management, or similar
- 2+ years of experience in environmental data management
- Experience with EarthSoft's EQuIS Enterprise and Professional and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access, Excel, and SQL Server
- Familiarity with GIS (e.g., Esri ArcGIS) and CADD (e.g., Autodesk) applications and software
- Familiarity with environmental consulting and/or environmental investigation projects and environmental chemistry
- Organized, ability to work on multiple deadline-driven projects simultaneously
- Detail oriented with ability to effectively communicate with project teams
- Problem solver, creative, eager to learn, grow, lead, and support others
Benefits: Terraphase offers an extensive benefits package including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, a generous 401(k) match, Commuter Benefits, TerraLunches, TerraTalks, Tuition/Licensing/Professional Development Reimbursement, Flexible Work Schedule, ongoing company-sponsored events.
Who We Are: We are an environmental consulting company that offers clients value-added solutions to complex environmental and engineering challenges. We apply technical expertise and keen awareness of the regulatory framework to achieve our clients' project goals and objectives. The combined talent and experience of Terraphase's engineers, geologists, and scientists form the foundation for a comprehensive environmental management approach.
Terraphase was founded with the goal of developing a full-service engineering and consulting firm that provides high-quality services to clients with regional and nationwide operations. We are driven by creating valuable work products for our company & clients, and a rewarding environment for our employees. Our staff is comprised of registered professionals in civil engineering, geology, hydrogeology, and geotechnical engineering.
Our unique company culture philosophy of appreciating and recognizing individuals for their work, leadership, and mentoring, while supporting and encouraging a healthy personal and professional lifestyle help to make Terraphase one of the best places to work. Terraphase is a client focused environmental consulting firm that develops creative and technically sound solutions to complex environmental and engineering challenges. We apply technical expertise and keen awareness of the regulatory framework to achieve our clients' project goals and objectives. Our staff includes registered professionals in civil engineering, geology, hydrogeology, and geotechnical engineering. Our unique blend of experience, teaming, project work and company culture make Terraphase one of the best places to work and one of the fastest growing environmental firms in the country.
Terraphase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. (EOE M/V/F/D).