Terraphase Engineering is seeking a full-time Associate Environmental Due Diligence practitioner to join our team in our San Diego, CA office. The position involves performing Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) in accordance with the current ASTM standard, Phase II field investigations and related environmental investigation and compliance services. The environmental due diligence position is best suited for a candidate with strong research, scientific, analytical, and verbal communication skills. The successful candidate will have strong writing skills. This individual will have the ability to coordinate effectively with multiple project managers and to prioritize and complete high-quality work within specified time frames. Attention to detail (including strong spelling, proofreading, and organizational skills) is required, in addition to a strong work ethic and experience working in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience managing or executing due diligence assessments, including Phase I ESAs per ASTM and All Appropriate Inquiry (AAI) standards for public and private sector clients.
- Conduct site reconnaissance visits.
- Prepare Phase I ESAs with minimal revision by senior technical reviewer.
- Experience performing Phase I ESAs to support property transfer transactions at a variety of types of properties, including but not limited to commercial, light industrial and heavy industrial properties.
- Perform site investigations to assess and document field conditions. Respond to and address regulatory comments to obtain agency approvals.
- Supervise and direct various subcontractors while conducting environmental site investigation and remediation work.
- Aid in the analysis, evaluation and interpretation of data obtained during field investigations.
- Assist in the preparation of project plans and technical reports.
- Provide general environmental compliance support to clients, including on-site assistance, as needed.
- Perform environmental compliance assessments and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Interpret local codes and perform environmental due diligence.
- Expand on working knowledge and understanding of federal and state regulations applicable to environmental site investigation and remediation projects.
- Coordinate with internal technical staff and assist with proposal preparation.
- Manage project work, both independently and as part of a team.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred in Engineering, Geology or similar applied science.
- 10+ years’ experience in a related field.
- Basic computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Adobe.
- Clean driving record.
- Willingness to work outdoors and travel.
- Must possess excellent communication, teamwork, analytical, organizational, technical writing, and client service skills.
- Self-sufficient and ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to oversee and work with subcontractors (e.g., drillers, construction workers, etc.) while performing fieldwork.
- Commitment to produce first-class work products and a demonstrated personal commitment to accuracy and quality.
- General knowledge of USEPA Resource Recovery Conservation and Recovery Act, Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act, Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, NJDEP site remediation rules and guidance, PADEP Act 2, and Stormwater and Tank Systems is a plus.
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training
- CPR and First Aid Training
Who We Are
We are an environmental consulting company that offers cost-effective solutions to complex environmental and engineering challenges. We apply technical expertise and keen awareness of the regulatory framework to achieve our clients' project goals and objectives. The combined talent and experience of Terraphase's engineers, geologists, and scientists form the foundation for a comprehensive environmental management approach.
Terraphase was founded with the goal of developing a full-service engineering and consulting firm that provides high-quality services to clients with regional and nationwide operations. We are driven by creating valuable work products for our company and clients, and a rewarding environment for our employees. Our staff is comprised of registered professionals in civil engineering, geology, hydrogeology, and geotechnical engineering.
Our unique company culture philosophy of appreciating and recognizing individuals for their work, leadership, and mentoring, while supporting and encouraging a healthy personal and professional lifestyle help to make Terraphase one of the best places to work.
Terraphase offers an extensive benefits package including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, a generous 401(k) match, Commuter Benefits, TerraLunches, TerraTalks, Tuition/Licensing/Professional Development Reimbursement, Flexible Work Schedule, ongoing company-sponsored events.
Terraphase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to an inclusive & diverse work environment where individual strengths and diverse viewpoints are respected and complement each other to achieve common goals. (EOE M/V/F/D)
Compensation for this position is based on years of experience, technical expertise, technical education, and geographic location with a range of $105,000-$135,000