Terraphase Engineering is seeking an Associate Engineer in our Reno, NV. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the completion of engineering deliverables (design details, drawings, calculations, and reports) and management duties for various stormwater and civil design projects. The work will involve assessing the need for and preparing stormwater treatment evaluations and site civil design documents, municipal entitlements support as well as construction oversight/management services and project management. The successful candidate will have an established client base in their geographic region with a proven track record of leading design teams and providing high quality deliverables.
- Prepare/oversee high-quality technical civil engineering and stormwater design plans and documents.
- Design, evaluate, and implement stormwater management projects through collaboration with staff and other senior-level engineers and geologists.
- Develop engineering drawings and technical specifications for stormwater and civil construction projects to ensure adherence to established standards.
- Manage/coordinate municipal permitting/entitlements process and support coordination with resource agencies to address permitting requirements associated with proposed site improvements.
- Work with senior level engineers and geologists to perform design evaluations and recommend alterations to designs to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Manage materials/services procurement and subcontracting.
- Manage tasks and projects with minimal input from senior technical staff.
- Mentor junior staff in engineering practices and support development and maintenance of internal standards.
- Assist team members in producing on-time, high-quality engineering deliverables.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Who We Are
We are an environmental consulting company that offers cost-effective solutions to complex environmental and engineering challenges. We apply technical expertise and keen awareness of the regulatory framework to achieve our clients' project goals and objectives. The combined talent and experience of Terraphase's engineers, geologists, and scientists form the foundation for a comprehensive environmental management approach.
Terraphase was founded with the goal of developing a full-service engineering and consulting firm that provides high-quality services to clients with regional and nationwide operations. We are driven by creating valuable work products for our company and clients, and a rewarding environment for our employees. Our staff is comprised of registered professionals in civil engineering, geology, hydrogeology, and geotechnical engineering.
Our unique company culture philosophy of appreciating and recognizing individuals for their work, leadership, and mentoring, while supporting and encouraging a healthy personal and professional lifestyle help to make Terraphase one of the best places to work.
Terraphase offers an extensive benefits package including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, a generous 401(k) match, Commuter Benefits, TerraLunches, TerraTalks, Tuition/Licensing/Professional Development Reimbursement, Flexible Work Schedule, ongoing company-sponsored events.
Terraphase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to an inclusive & diverse work environment where individual strengths and diverse viewpoints are respected and complement each other to achieve common goals. (EOE M/V/F/D)