Terraphase Engineering is seeking a full-time Staff Environmental Due Diligence practitioner to join our team in our East Coast office (Conshohocken, PA). The position involves performing ASTM Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), Phase II field investigations, and related compliance services. The environmental due diligence position is best suited for a candidate with strong research, mathematical/scientific, analytical, and verbal communication skills. The successful candidate will have strong writing skills. This individual will have the ability to coordinate effectively with multiple project managers and to prioritize and complete high-quality work within specified time frames. Attention to detail (including strong spelling, proofreading, and organizational skills) is required, in addition to a strong work ethic and experience working in a team-oriented environment.The position includes performing environmental due diligence assessments, including Phase I ESAs per ASTM E1527-13 and All Appropriate Inquiry (AAI) standards for private sector clients. This includes site reconnaissance activities, regulatory agency file review, data interpretation, and report writing.
- This position also includes performing field environmental media investigations of soil, soil vapor, groundwater, and stormwater, as well as building materials sampling.
- Perform site investigations to assess and document field conditions. Respond to and address regulatory comments to obtain agency approvals.
- Interpret local codes and perform environmental due diligence.
- Provide general environmental compliance support to clients, including on-site assistance, as needed.
- Perform environmental compliance assessments and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Supervise and direct various subcontractors while conducting environmental site investigation and remediation work.
- Aid in the analysis, evaluation and interpretation of data obtained during field investigations.
- Assist in the preparation of project plans and technical reports.
- Gain a working knowledge and understanding of federal and state regulations applicable to environmental site investigation and remediation projects.
- Coordinate with internal technical staff and assist with proposal preparation.
- Manage project work, both independently and as part of a team.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree required in Environmental Science, Engineering, Geology or similar applied science.
- 2+ years' experience in a related field.
- Basic computer skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Adobe.
- Clean driving record.
- Willingness to work outdoors and travel.
- Must possess excellent communication, teamwork, analytical, organizational, technical writing, and client service skills.
- Self-sufficient and ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to oversee and work with subcontractors (e.g., drillers, construction workers, etc.) while performing fieldwork.
- Commitment to produce first-class work products and a demonstrated personal commitment to accuracy and quality.
- General knowledge of USEPA Resource Recovery Conservation and Recovery Act, Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act, Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, PADEP Act 2, and Stormwater and Tank Systems is a plus.
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training
- CPR and First Aid Training
Terraphase was founded in 2010, in Oakland, California, by four principals with over 80 years of combined environmental consulting experience and significant accomplishments in site investigations and soil and groundwater remediation throughout the United States and Canada. Our principals and staff have provided services for many private clients and public entities. Terraphase principals and several of our staff are registered professionals in civil engineering, geology, hydrogeology, and geotechnical engineering. Our unique blend of experience, teaming, project work and company culture make Terraphase one of the best places to work.
Terraphase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. (EOE M/V/F/D)