Terraphase Engineering (Terraphase) is seeking a Staff Level Engineer/Scientist to join our national air quality consulting team in one of our East Coast or West Coast offices. The successful candidate will work on a variety of interesting technical projects for our clients.
The primary role includes support of ongoing work with existing clients in the fields of air quality and climate change. The responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Perform regulatory applicability evaluations and compliance assessments related to federal, state, and local regulations.
- Assist in the develop complete and accurate air quality permits for major and minor sources, including Title V, PSD, and New Source Review compliance.
- Participate in verbal and written interaction with local regulators to steward permit application review and issuance.
- Prepare emission inventory reports; quantify emissions/concentrations and impacts.
- Evaluate pollution control technologies, including technical and economic feasibility of pollution control equipment.
- Assist with the implement climate change projects, such as greenhouse gas inventories, emission reductions, energy efficiency, public disclosure and verification.
- Perform multiple tasks within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Interact and maintain successful relationships with clients, Terraphase employees, and subcontractors.
- Complete relevant training to develop technical skills and core competencies.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree required in Engineering or similar applied science.
- 1-5 years’ experience in air quality permitting and compliance or closely related field.
- Experience working with, or evaluating rules from, one or more of the California Air Districts
- Demonstrated capabilities in understanding and applying environmental regulations to real-world situations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Adobe Professional.
- Clean driving record.
- Must possess excellent communication, teamwork, analytical, organizational, technical writing, and client service skills.
- Self-sufficient and ability to work under pressure of deadlines with the ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Competency in mathematic and scientific calculations
- Ability to travel as needed
- Familiarity with atmospheric dispersion modeling and emissions modeling tools (e.g. AERMOD/AERMET, CalEEMod, EMFAC2017, OFFROAD and/or MOVES)
- Experience with federal Clean Air Act regulations such as New Source Performance Standards and Maximum Achievable Control Technology standards
- Current CARB GHG Verifier certification
Who We Are
We are an environmental consulting company that offers cost-effective solutions to complex environmental and engineering challenges. We apply technical expertise and keen awareness of the regulatory framework to achieve our clients' project goals and objectives. The combined talent and experience of Terraphase's engineers, geologists, and scientists form the foundation for a comprehensive environmental management approach.
Terraphase was founded with the goal of developing a full-service engineering and consulting firm that provides high-quality services to clients with regional and nationwide operations. We are driven by creating valuable work products for our company and clients, and a rewarding environment for our employees. Our staff is comprised of registered professionals in civil engineering, geology, hydrogeology, and geotechnical engineering.
Our unique company culture philosophy of appreciating and recognizing individuals for their work, leadership, and mentoring, while supporting and encouraging a healthy personal and professional lifestyle help to make Terraphase one of the best places to work.
Terraphase offers an extensive benefits package including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, a generous 401(k) match, Commuter Benefits, TerraLunches, TerraTalks, Tuition/Licensing/Professional Development Reimbursement, Flexible Work Schedule, ongoing company-sponsored events.
Terraphase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to an inclusive & diverse work environment where individual strengths and diverse viewpoints are respected and complement each other to achieve common goals. (EOE M/V/F/D)