Terraphase Engineering is seeking a Senior Project Engineer in our Irvine, CA office. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the completion of engineering deliverables (design details, drawings, calculations, and reports) and management duties for various remedial design projects. The work will involve engineering design, preparing remedial technology evaluation and design documents, and construction support completed under the guidance of senior staff.
- Prepare high quality technical work plans and reports for site investigation and remediation projects including (but not limited to) sampling and analysis plans, feasibility studies, remedial action plans, and remedial design documents under the guidance of senior level engineers and geologists.
- Design, evaluate, and implement remediation projects (may include soil vapor extraction [SVE], air/ozone sparge, enhanced in-situ bioremediation, in-situ chemical oxidation, etc.) through collaboration with staff and senior level engineers and geologists.
- Develop engineering drawings and technical specifications for remedial construction projects to ensure adherence to established standards.
- Work with senior level engineers and geologists to perform design evaluations and recommend alterations to designs to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Manage tasks and small projects with input from senior technical staff.
- Mentor junior staff in engineering practices and support development of internal standards.
- Assist team members in producing on-time, high-quality engineering deliverables.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering (or related degree) with 5+ years of experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D and conducting environmental engineering/consulting work
- California Professional Engineering license or Engineer-in-Training status with intent to obtain license in California
- Ability to provide an outstanding work product with strong attention to detail
- Excellent technical writing and documentation skills
- Ability to produce high-quality products on schedule and within budget
- Ability to review large quantity of historical site documentation and identify relevant information for site characterization or design considerations
- Self-motivated, adaptable, dependable, and responsive
- Strong collaboration skills with colleagues of all experience levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both with colleagues and clients
- Familiar with commonly used environmental consulting concepts, practices, and procedures
- Previous experience in design and implementation of remediation systems (SVE, air sparge, in-situ enhanced bioremediation, or in-situ chemical oxidation, etc.), grading/excavation plans, and/or stormwater systems
- Experience in materials/services procurement and subcontracting
- Construction oversight experience.
Who We Are
We are an environmental consulting company that offers cost-effective solutions to complex environmental and engineering challenges. We apply technical expertise and keen awareness of the regulatory framework to achieve our clients' project goals and objectives. The combined talent and experience of Terraphase's engineers, geologists, and scientists form the foundation for a comprehensive environmental management approach.
Terraphase was founded with the goal of developing a full-service engineering and consulting firm that provides high-quality services to clients with regional and nationwide operations. We are driven by creating valuable work products for our company and clients, and a rewarding environment for our employees. Our staff is comprised of registered professionals in civil engineering, geology, hydrogeology, and geotechnical engineering.
Our unique company culture philosophy of appreciating and recognizing individuals for their work, leadership, and mentoring, while supporting and encouraging a healthy personal and professional lifestyle help to make Terraphase one of the best places to work.
Terraphase offers an extensive benefits package including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, a generous 401(k) match, Commuter Benefits, TerraLunches, TerraTalks, Tuition/Licensing/Professional Development Reimbursement, Flexible Work Schedule, ongoing company-sponsored events.
Terraphase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to an inclusive & diverse work environment where individual strengths and diverse viewpoints are respected and complement each other to achieve common goals. (EOE M/V/F/D)
Compensation for this position is based on years of experience, technical expertise, technical education, and geographic location with a range of $90,000-$114,675