Terraphase Engineering is seeking a Senior Project Environmental Engineer to join our team in our Irvine, CA office. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing environmental consulting fieldwork and preparing deliverables as described below.
- Senior Project Engineer responsibilities and activities include:
- Project management of a diverse range of environmental investigation and remediation projects including coordination of field efforts. Work may include occasional field activities, particularly for training junior staff or for complex sites, and on-call periods.
- Work on environmental compliance projects including in areas of stormwater, air quality, wastewater, and hazardous waste management.
- Contributing author on project related documents and deliverables such as RI/FS, Phase II ESA, RAPs, RAWs, Stormwater management plans, SWPPPs, NPDES compliance documents, etc. Final review will be provided by Technical Lead on the project.
- Collaborating with CAD, GIS, and database staff on project needs.
- Providing hands-on training to junior technical staff on standard operating procedures for field activities and data management.
- Mentoring and supervising junior technical staff.
- Leading regulatory interactions and negotiations.
- Client development and business development activities.
Who You Are
- Candidates must be:
- In possession of a Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering or an applicable science.
- Able to demonstrate 10+ years of related experience.
- Experienced with local environmental regulators, vendors, and geography.
- Experienced with preparation of remedial investigation reports, remedial design reports, cost estimating, environmental compliance, and supervision of field implementation of remediation activities.
- Experienced in analysis, evaluation, presentation, and interpretation of hydrologic, hydrogeologic, and chemical data obtained during field investigations.
- Confident in working at environmentally impacted field sites and committed to being a proactive participant in health & safety culture.
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication, teamwork, analytical, organizational, technical writing, and client service skills.
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training
- CPR and First Aid Training
- Registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Experience with environmental compliance services.
- Experience developing figures in Civil 3D and/or ArcGIS.
- Remedial design experience.
Terraphase offers an extensive benefits package including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, a generous 401(k) match, Commuter Benefits, TerraLunches, TerraTalks, Tuition/Licensing/Professional Development Reimbursement, Flexible Work Schedule, ongoing company-sponsored events.
Who We Are
We are an environmental consulting company that offers cost-effective solutions to complex environmental and engineering challenges. We apply technical expertise and keen awareness of the regulatory framework to achieve our clients' project goals and objectives. The combined talent and experience of Terraphase's engineers, geologists, and scientists form the foundation for a comprehensive environmental management approach.
Terraphase was founded with the goal of developing a full-service engineering and consulting firm that provides high-quality services to clients with regional and nationwide operations. We are driven by creating valuable work products for our company & clients, and a rewarding environment for our employees. Our staff is comprised of registered professionals in civil engineering, geology, hydrogeology, and geotechnical engineering.
Our unique company culture philosophy of appreciating and recognizing individuals for their work, leadership, and mentoring, while supporting and encouraging a healthy personal and professional lifestyle help to make Terraphase one of the best places to work.
Terraphase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to an inclusive & diverse work environment where individual strengths and diverse viewpoints are respected and complement each other to achieve common goals. (EOE M/V/F/D)