ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work with the project team (UTI and outside consultants) to document the configuration of SalesLogix product, including customizations. Perform the configuration (including customization) in all environments in coordination with the SFA IT Analyst. Utilize knowledge of Windows operating systems and advanced troubleshooting skill to address implementation and support requests that may arise. Below is a list of duties, not inclusive, that the SalesLogix System Admin will need to perform or provide direction to have executed:
· Install and configure Remote and Client components
· Understand the Sage SalesLogix Client
· Sage SalesLogix integration with Outlook
· Manage users and understand account and team security
· User and data maintenance
· SpeedSearch configuration
· Menus and toolbars
· Create a development environment
· Import wizard functions
· Create contact and sales processes
· Customizing Sage SalesLogix using the Architect
· Participate in function and technical design reviews.
· Document the SFA configuration.
· Document the approved customizations in SFA
· Assist in the identification of data conversion elements and develop data conversion specifications.
· Participate in the execution of data conversions.
· Participate with the Enterprise Architecture teams to develop the master data synchronization process.
· Participate in an on-call rotation for production support.
· Participate as a team member.
· Thorough knowledge of Windows operating systems, advanced troubleshooting skill
· Working knowledge of a MS-SQL environment preferred. Queries, administration, use of Enterprise Manager
· Must have a good working knowledge of basic network configurations.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
· Proven quality focus in providing customer driven-products, specifically SalesLogix, services and solutions.
· Prior experience with SalesLogix in a similar role.
· Should be adaptable, ambitious, and sensitive to cultural diversity while easily establishing credibility with teams globally.
· Ability to successfully participate in complex, virtual, and onsite teams in a matrix environment. Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and to lead others in a directed effort to complete projects.
· Strong communication and presentation skills and a proven ability to work with employees and management at all levels of the organization.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 - 3 years experience in progressively responsible IT roles.
- Minimum 2 - 3 years experience implementing and/or supporting a SalesLogix solution.
- Application/Infrastructure Lifecycle
- Systems Analysis
· At least 2 years of cross cultural experience
· Experience in Supply Chain Management, Freight Forwarding, and/or Contract Logistics, not required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Project Management skills
- Business Acumen (Analyzing Financial Information, Demonstrates Global Perspective, Making Decisions, Problem Solving, Strategic Thinking, Using Sound Judgment)
- Conviction (Adapting to Change, Resolving Conflicts, Showing Creativity)
- Customer Passion (Demonstrates Cross-Functional Capability, Leverages Networks, Organizational Acumen/Political Savvy)
- Personal Integrity (Behaving with Integrity, Sensitivity to Others)
- Results Driven (Prioritizing, Taking Initiative, Taking Ownership)
Some travel may be required.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain nor be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.