Were building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people and that includes our amazing staff! We are looking for our next Vice President of People and Culture to help ensure that our culture and policies equip and empower our most valuable asset- our people!
Boundless is a family of nonprofit companies with more than forty years of expertise providing person-centered care to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD), behavioral health challenges, and other complex needs. Recently Boundless embarked on a comprehensive strategic plan that would allow the organization to expand its impact. Ensuring that Boundless has a people-centered culture and that staff at all levels are empowered and equipped in their roles is a key pillar within the strategic plan.
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan
- 232 hours of accrued paid time off
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education
What You Will be Doing
Boundless seeks a thoughtful, collaborative, and strategic VP of People and Culture to lead our human resources, talent acquisition, and retention functions as we continue to grow and scale as we serve our communities. Reporting to the Executive Vice President, the VP of People and Culture will be a functional and strategic thought leader who directs all aspects of the companys people initiatives and programs while supporting and aligning the people function with the overall mission and strategic plan. The VPPC will also play a critical and strategic role as an HR advisor to senior leadership and management.
- Culture and Values- Be the advocate and ambassador for all things people and culture. Provide guidance and strategic direction for all dimensions of the business impacting the organizations structure, staffing, employee engagement, and employee relations.
- Strategy- As a member of the Senior Leadership team, advise the President & CEO, and other members of the senior management team on the human resource implications and risks related to key issues and important strategic decisions.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion- Serve as a critical resource and key champion of all DEI initiatives. In advocating for Boundless people, the VPCC will ensure that the organization is consistently viewing initiatives through an equity lens and will lead the HR team in this work.
- Talent Development and Management- Ensure that the appropriate systems and mindsets are established to ensure talent development at all benchmarks of the employee life. They will also work to operationalize this in the day-to-day work of HR.
- Talent Acquisition- The VPPC will be responsible for developing a robust talent acquisition plan that ensures Boundless maintains a strong and diverse pipeline of candidates alongside the Talent Acquisition Manager. This includes working with the communications team to create a strong employer brand, develop a robust outreach strategy, and establish best-in-class hiring practices.
- Total Rewards- Ensure that Boundless compensation and benefits packages are both competitive and inclusive to meet the needs of our employees. With the Total Rewards Manager, the VPCC will consistently monitor trends in the market and our demographics to ensure our total rewards are best in class.
- HR Compliance- The VPCC will work collaboratively with legal and programs, ensuring that all HR processes meet the necessary compliance regulations while meeting the needs of our clients. Partner with the Compliance and Onboarding Manager to ensure the delivery of an exceptional preboarding and onboarding experience for new hires. Ensure legal compliance on FMLA, USERRA, HIPAA, ADA, Workers Compensation, and Unemployment Claims throughout the organization.
- Employee Relations- The VPCC will partner with Employee Relations Manager to Reduce risks by developing programs, policies, and procedures to promote fair and equitable employee relations and business decisions. The VPCC will oversee the management of the union contract, collective bargaining agreements, and grievances with ER team.
- Coaching & Support - The VPPC will be responsible for coaching and developing the HR Managers to lead with equity and empathy while balancing organizational needs. The VPPC will also be responsible for codifying best talent practices and ensuring that all managers are equipped and empowered to lead their teams effectively and inclusively.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree required; an advanced degree in a related field (such as a Masters in HR or MBA) is an advantage.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in a human resources/talent management role.
- Minimum of five (5) years in an HR leadership role.
- Successful record of leading human resources and other teams that have contributed to the overall success of an organization in times of change.
- Prior experience managing multiple priorities and developing infrastructure, policies, and systems that support the mission of an organization, strong teams, collaboration, and accountability.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of empathy and emotional intelligence. Comfortable presenting and mediating issues with colleagues at all levels.
- Demonstrated success serving as a business partner in strategic thinking, planning, implementation, and problem-solving.
- Excellent leadership, conflict resolution, and team-building skills; the ability to motivate, inspire trust and confidence, set goals, delegate, and ensure the accountability of colleagues.
- Knowledge of employment law.
- Unquestioned integrity, ethics, and values.
- Mastery of Microsoft products including PowerPoint and Excel.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in the field of intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health.
- Experience with labor relations, labor contract negotiations, and grievance resolutions.
- Familiarity with unions and collective bargaining agreements, and their impact on non-union staff populations.
- Experience in leading the HR transformation through mergers and acquisitions.
- Understanding of, or experience in, the non-profit sector and health services.
- SHRM or HRCI credentialing.
- Working knowledge of and comfort working with ADP.
This position manages all employees of the HR department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the HR department.
This job operates in a professional office environment and a remote home office. Looking for someone that lives in Ohio. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand, including meetings with community leaders and stakeholders.
Travel is regular, but primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected on occasion.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.