|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reporting to the GLE CEO (or the GLE Technology Manager when that position is filled) and working closely with the various engineering teams, this position will manage and lead the Control Systems team in the design, specification, development, commissioning, and validation work activities essential to the completion of key deliverables in the Company's Laser Enrichment Technology Development Project (the Project).
Primary Focus: Working with the Separator/Process Systems team, the Controls Lead will be the head engineer leading the Controls Systems team, primarily responsible for Gas Handling Systems (GHS) controls and Mechanical Subsystem controls portions of the Project deliverables, and their subsequent integration into the master control system of the Project's Pilot Demonstration Plant (PDP).
Secondary Focus: The role also involves supporting the Laser/Optical Systems team by providing input for additional control subsystems development work.
NOTE: This role may be filled at lower level (engineer) depending on the applicant's qualifications and experience.
NOTE: This role is subject to the incumbent's ability to hold an NRC/DOE Q-clearance as well as their ongoing ability to maintain site access.
Roles and Responsibilities:
GHS and Mechanical Control System Development:
- Lead the Controls Systems team in planning and selecting control systems to automate the operations of the GHS and Mechanical subsystems of the PDP.
- Oversee the prototyping of complex portions of the control system to establish novel techniques to be employed in down-selected designs for the PDP, reducing implementation risk.
- Review and approve documentation of the selected GHS and Mechanical Control Systems in a manner suitable to support procurement, fabrication, installation, commissioning and operations for the PDP.
- Oversee the construction and physical installation of the GHS and Mechanical Control Systems into the PDP.
- Lead and aid in the programming of PLCs (and any other programmable devices) embedded in GHS and Mechanical Control Systems for the PDP.
- Manage the integration of the GHS and Mechanical Control Systems into the greater plant control system strategy, ensuring all relevant data is recorded and stored as required for PDF operation and reliability analysis.
- Responsible for the commissioning and testing of the GHS and Mechanical Control Systems, ensuring functional and operational requirements are satisfied.
- Maintain design/test records and Integrated Safety Analysis (ISA) compliance.
Integration and Collaboration:
- Liaise with the Technology Manager and Separator/Process team to understand GHS and Mechanical Control System functional requirements.
- Liaise with the IT department head providing design information and operational requirements to ensure control systems meet cyber security protocols and regulations and are approved for integration into control systems networks.
Environment Health and Safety (EHS):
- Maintain compliance with Test Loop radiological and safety requirements.
- Immediately report any safety or environmental incidents, unsafe acts and conditions or near misses to the Company's management.
- Adhere to the Company's EHS environmental policies, procedures and regulatory requirements with respect to all work being undertaken to ensure the health and safety of self and others in the workplace.
- Minimize or eliminate the environmental impacts of all tasks.
- Complete all training courses as required, including laser safety training courses to ensure laser room safety is observed and maintained at all times.
- Perform safety and risk assessment duties related to the role as assigned by management.
- Perform technical reviews to ensure compliance with regulatory, environmental, industrial, and Company safety standards.
- Provide assistance to the Separator/Process and Laser/Optical Systems teams as required.
- Undertake from time to time any other responsibilities consistent with the incumbent's skills, qualifications, and experience level.
- Adhere to the Company's security policies and procedures at all times.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Active DOE/NRC Q-clearance or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree or greater in a relevant field from a (four-year) college or university.
- Advanced degree is desirable.
- At least 5 years' experience in industrial control systems design, specification, operation and maintenance.
- At least 2 years' experience in engineering team management.