Are you a Behavior Technician who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
For more than forty years, we’ve provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Pay Range: $15.60 to 21.00 per hour based on experience and credentials.
Shifts: Flexible during the hours below, to be discussed during interview.
Monday - Friday: 3:00 pm – 9:00 pm,
Saturday/Sunday: 10:00 am – 9:00 pm.
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Paid training.
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan.
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education.
- Career growth opportunities.
What You Will Be Doing
Primary job responsibility is to implement behavioral health and educational services using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis with individuals diagnosed with autism, related mental health disorders and/or intellectual disabilities in either a 1:1, 1:2 or small group setting. at our drop-in respite program. Receive supervision and training from behavior analytic and/or behavioral health supervisors through direct observation and team meetings.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, emotionally upset, and at times hostile clients/family members.
- Requirement to lift/bend/push/pull/stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl regularly when implementing crisis interventions.
- Ability to accurately document required therapy data.
- Ability to hear and speak spoken language in communication with individuals served, other staff, family members of individuals, and members of the general public.
- Ability to accept and implement feedback and constructive criticism in teaching, and overall job operations.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to communicate in English, including both spoken and in writing.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- High School diploma or equivalent, plus 3 years or more years of experience in the behavioral health, human services, or mental health field.
- College Degree in education, psychology, social work, or a related field.
- One to two (1-2) years of experience working directly with children and families.
- Experience working with people with autism spectrum disorders and developmental disabilities.
- Experience working with people with behavioral health conditions.
Required Licensure and Certification
- Ability to obtain and maintain First Aid, CPR - adult, child, and infant (training will be provided if not already certified)
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles; proof of auto insurance.
- No more than 5 points on license.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting, crawling, sitting, standing) for extended periods of time across the shift along with the ability to walk swiftly or run after consumers on a shift.
- Must be willing and able to restrain/hold/transport individuals as needed.
- Ability to utilize quick body movements when working with individuals with challenging behavior.
- Ability to remain awake for the entire assigned shift.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.