The Application Support Analyst applies their knowledge of Healthcare Applications to administer, demonstrate, implement, and support various critical systems of the Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation (TCRHCC). This position works to identify and recommend improvements for all hospital applications and workflow. The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a diverse, multicultural environment. The candidate should also have a sense of ownership over all TCRHCC applications and should ensure smooth daily operation of all applications in the position’s purview. The ideal candidate will use extensive analytical and troubleshooting skills to carry out their primary responsibilities. They will have the ability to balance competing demands, urgent matters, and confidential material in a professional manner.
- Contributes to the maintenance of appropriate technical documentation necessary for IT Operations, training, workflow, and analysis.
- Provides application support to user requests, including dictionary configuration, functionality troubleshooting, training, and workflow analysis.
- Monitors applications to ensure systems are running at optimal performance levels.
- Participates in identifying and providing input for solutions and improvements to our applications and healthcare systems.
- Works with healthcare teams in operational and organizational analysis to identify areas of needed improvement. Designs workflows, processes, data flow and other solutions with customer’s systems and business practices.
- Participates in the process for successful deployments, including documentation of test plans, creation of test data, and evaluation of these results.
- Works with the TCRHCC Stakeholders in operational and organizational analysis to identify areas of needed improvement.
- Assist with workflows, processes, data flow and other solutions with vendor systems and business practices.
- Demonstrates application functionality to appropriate personnel as requested.
- Participates in the deployments and projects of the corporation projects team.
- Works as an active member of the project team to adhere to project plans and statement of work documents related to the implementation of various business solutions.
- Functions as an analyst during the implementation phases of various healthcare applications.
- Contributes to the development of training plans for users on applications.
- Contributes to the development and participates in the execution of workflow-based test plans for upgrades and new software deployments.
- Works with the TCRHCC stakeholders and super users to ensure the overall success of all upgrades.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize tickets based on impact to the client and the ability to respond based on impact to the hospital. Updates ticket categories accurately.
- Author and oversee all technical documentation necessary to facilitate usage and adoption of applications, including user and admin guides; routinely review documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Participates in daily stand-up discussions to share knowledge, to initiate help with issues that are presenting a challenge, etc.
- Assist in the identification and design of automated processes to increase testing efficiency and reliability.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Responsible for electronic health records data entry pertinent to patient service role.
- Participates in departmental workflow and or testing teams as related to electronic health record or other project initiatives.
- Rotates in on-call schedule.
- Ensure proper PPE is always worn while on duty including but not limited to, face mask, gloves, gown, isolation gown, NIOSH-approved N95 filtering facepiece respirator or higher, if available), and eye or face shield.
- Complete all donning and doffing tasks in a safe acceptable method and discard of used PPE accordingly. (see CDC website for most current updates)
- Complete task training for all routine cleaning and decontamination processes for all surfaces contaminated by a communicable disease to ensure a high level of patient, visitor, employee, and external customer satisfaction.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to sit at desk for long periods of time, write legibly and use a computer terminal. Must frequently have ability to twist and reach for objects. Must have ability to occasionally stand, walk, drive, bend, climb, kneel, crouch, and maintain balance. Must be able to occasionally carry items that weigh up to 100 lbs., such as IT hardware, computer terminals, and printers. Must have ability to occasionally push and pull over 100lbs. Must have ability to hear normal speech and overhead pages, use the telephone, and must have the ability for near vision, color vision, depth perception, seeing fine details and frequent ability of far vision. Frequent fine manipulation and firm grasping of both hands is required as well as prolonged simple grasping and prolonged use of the keyboards.
Must be able to prioritize, use good judgment, and be able to coordinate a variety of issues while being frequently interrupted. Must have prolonged ability to cope with high levels of stress, make decisions under high pressure, cope with anger/fear/hostility of others in a calm way, manage altercations, concentrate, handle a high degree of flexibility, handle multiple priorities in stressful situation, work alone, demonstrate high degree of patience, work alone, demonstrate high degree of patience, adapt to shift work, and frequently work in areas that are close and crowded. Must occasionally accept a flexible schedule to meet unit needs.
May occasionally be exposed to infectious diseases, chemical agents, dust, fumes, gases, extremes in temperature or humidity, hazardous or moving equipment, unprotected heights, and loud noises.
Associate degree in any field of study
- 1 year of professional experience working with software applications
- 1 year of professional experience working with workflows, test scripts, test scenarios
Other Skills and Abilities:
A record of satisfactory performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current employers. All employment references must address and indicate success in each one of the following areas:
- Positive working relationships with others
- Reliable and dependable; reports to work as scheduled without excessive absences
- Possession of high ethical standards and no history of complaints
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environment
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language, at times simultaneously
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities using good project management skills
- Highly self-motivated and keen attention to detail
- Proven track record of strong customer service orientation
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Performs a variety of task and may lead and direct the work of others
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude and works independently; provides detailed reports to Supervisor/Manager
- Completion of and above-satisfactory scores on all job interviews, demonstrating to the satisfaction of the interviewees and TCRHCC that the applicant can perform the essential functions of the job
- Successful completion of and positive results from all background and reference checks, including positive employment references from authorized representatives of past and current employers demonstrating to the satisfaction of TCRHCC a record of satisfactory performance and that the applicant can perform the essential functions of the job
- Successful completion of fingerprint clearance requirements, physical examinations, and other screenings indicating that the applicant is qualified to be employed by TCRHCC and demonstrating to the satisfaction of TCRHCC that the applicant can perform the essential functions of the job
- Submission of all required employment-related documents, applications, resumes, references, and other required information free of false, misleading or incomplete information, as determined by TCRHCC.