Ohio Christian University’s Traditional campus is seeking highly qualified adjunct faculty instructors to teach courses within its School of Social and Behavioral Sciences.
This is an on site position located in Circleville, Ohio.
Applicants must have a minimum of an earned master’s degree, including at least 18 graduate credit hours in the subject area, and professional experience directly relating to the course content. Special consideration will be given to individuals with terminal degrees.
If you have a biblical worldview and meet the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply. It is our obligation to our students to hire the most experienced and highly qualified instructors who will support our university’s vision to prepare world-impacting Christian servant leaders.
Salary ranges from $1,500.00 to $1,800.00 per course
Reports to the Dean of the School of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Internal OCU Relationships include administrators, faculty, staff, support personnel
Building/Location: Circleville, Main Campus
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interest in teaching on Ohio Christian University Campus, face to face modality 2-3 times a week.
- Teach courses based on expertise and education
- Create course syllabi and curriculum
- Develop and implement appropriate assessments
- Use Brightspace online platform for assignments, grades, and attendance
- Facilitate student's achievement of course objectives
- Provide instruction using appropriate education strategies
- Record attendance and grades in a timely manner
- Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws
- Maintain a course load as determined by the School Dean.
- Mentor students
According to Ohio Christian University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the OCU Community Lifestyle Statement.
• Master’s degree minimum in Human Servcies, Social Work, or similarly related field, including at least 18 graduate credit hours in the subject area, and professional experience directly related to the course content.
• Preferred experience teaching, especially in higher education.
• Familiarity with current research, publications, and pedagogy in the discipline, understanding of APA writing standards
• Curriculum development experience at the associate’s and/or bachelor’s levels.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent team-building and leadership skills.
• Capable communicator both in group settings and in individual meetings.
• Normal office work; no heavy lifting is required.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Churches of Christ in Christian Union, Ohio Christian University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis, unless otherwise contractually bound.
Ohio Christian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer