Are you a Behavior Technician who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. For more than forty years, we’ve provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan
- 80 hours of paid time off
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education
- Career growth opportunities
- $600.00 Sign-on bonus available
Pay Range: $19.20 to $22.20 an hour (Based on your education, experience, and credentials)
Tuesday/Wednesday: 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm & Saturday/Sunday: 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Monday/Thursday/Friday: 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm & Saturday/Sunday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
What You Will be Doing
We want people to join our team who share our values of love, excellence, respect, empowerment, and well-being. The ideal candidate will be working directly in a residential therapeutic setting with individuals in need of behavior stabilization Constant engagement with and supervision of individuals will be a requirement for staff. This will include programs specific to the individual's needs based on their IP; implementation of Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA), (which is a highly scheduled, intensive therapeutic approach to teach expected behavior and life skills); implementation of highly structured Behavior Support Plans and other approaches that the team determines appropriate for the individual. Crisis intervention is likely for issues including self-injury, aggression, and high magnitude disruptive behavior.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Deliver instruction and assessments following procedures learned from initial and ongoing training sessions and based on feedback given from supervisors.
- Implement skills acquisition and behavior reduction plans as provided during initial training and from ongoing training and feedback from supervisors.
- Implement behavioral health treatment in the Mansfield Behavior Health Programs
- Provide intensive services based on the individual's mental health needs, including but not limited to skills development, problem-solving, conflict resolution, emotions/behavior management, developing positive coping mechanisms, and managing mental health and behavioral symptoms.
- Transport children and adults to/from programs, appointments, and community events in agency vans and buses.
- Implement crisis interventions as needed and when approved.
- Collect and analyze data and records of service accurately following Boundless procedures.
- Organize, and prepare teaching and treatment materials and maintain a clean instructional area.
- Maintain designated consumer's data collection methods, documents, records, and materials related to his treatment and educational plans. Assist in monitoring goal progression. Identifies and documents when interventions are needed for specific goals due to lack of progression.
- Complete treatment and education review for designated individuals as assigned.
- Attended and participate in all treatment and educational team meetings, program meetings, and Staff Development Days.
- Seeks, receives, and applies feedback appropriately and professionally and works towards goals developed by supervisors.
- Communicates by hearing and speaking spoken language professionally with coworkers, outside professionals, and parents and uses professional language when describing the consumer and/or behaviors.
- Dresses appropriately and arrives on time for work.
- Participate in all fundraising activities through the distribution of materials and information.
- Responsible for reading and following all I Am Boundless policies and procedures found in the employee handbook.
- Responsible for reading and following Child Care Licensing Policies, Medicaid, CARF, ASP, Ohio MHAS, and DODD policies and procedures.
- Responsible for following all training on other policies and procedures.
- All other assigned duties.
- High School diploma or equivalent, plus 3 years or more years of experience in the behavioral health, human services, or mental health field.
- Preferred College Degree in education, psychology, social work, or a related field.
- One to two (1-2) years of experience working directly with children and families.
- Experience working with people with autism spectrum disorders and developmental disabilities.
- Experience working with people with behavioral health conditions.
- Valid Ohio Driver's License with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles; proof of auto insurance.
- No more than 5 points on license.
- Ability to obtain and maintain First Aid, CPR - adult, child, and infant (training will be provided, if not already certified).
- Within 60 days of hire, successful completion of the required physical crisis management training(s) and certification(s) applicable to the assigned program.
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccine required.
Special Skills and Requirements
- Must be able to function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with individuals, staff, and support agencies.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, emotionally upset, and at times hostile clients/family members.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.