Are you a Therapeutic Respite Provider who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. For more than forty years, we’ve provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance.
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan.
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education.
- Career growth opportunities.
Pay Range: $20.40 to $21.60 an hour. Based on your education, experience, and credentials.
Sign-On Bonus: $1,200 SIGN-ON BONUS -- $600 once training is completed and you are working in the home. Additional $600 on six-month anniversary pay.
Thursday/Friday: 2:00pm - 8:00pm & Saturday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Monday - Wednesday: 2:00pm - 8:00pm & Sunday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
What You Will be Doing
The ideal candidate will be providing in-home and community-based respite services and behavioral health services for children, adolescents, and young adults with developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges. The QBHS Respite Provider will work with individuals and families to provide person-centered care and treatment services
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Support opportunities that increase problem-solving skills to improve self-regulation, socialization, and maximize an individual's ability to participate in community activities independently or with natural support.
- Provide recreation and leisure including supports identified in the person-centered individual service plan as being therapeutic in nature, and/or as being necessary to assist the individual in developing and/or maintaining social and familial relationships.
- Implement behavioral health treatment by providing intensive services based off the individual’s mental health needs including, but not limited to skills development, problem-solving, conflict resolution, emotions/behavior management, developing positive coping mechanisms, and managing mental health and behavioral symptoms
- Provide personal care when necessary, including support and supervision in personal hygiene, eating, communication, mobility, toileting, and dressing.
- Provide Crisis Prevention & Intervention, as needed and when approved.
- As assigned, assist in the general referral, admission, and transition of individuals into and within the organization.
- Maintain data, documents, records, and materials related to assigned individuals and their treatment plans. Assist in monitoring goal progression. Identify and document when interventions are needed for specific goals due to lack of progression.??
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to communicate in English, including both spoken and in writing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working as a Qualified Behavioral Health Specialist (QBHS)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Three years experience working with people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities or behavioral health challenges
- Ability to obtain and maintain First Aid, CPR - adult, child, and infant (training will be provided if not already certified).
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles; proof of auto insurance, insurable driving record (five points or fewer).
- Within 60 days of hire, successful completion of the required physical crisis management training(s) and certification(s) applicable to the assigned program.
Special Skills and Requirements
- Must be able to function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with those served, their families and other professional staff.
- Ability to accept and implement feedback and constructive criticism in teaching, overall job operations.?
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must maintain all licenses/certifications /training/credentialing as required by the job.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.