Are you a Lead Registered Nurse (RN) - Community Behavioral Health who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. For more than forty years, we’ve provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan
- 232 hours of accrued paid time off
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education
- Career growth opportunities
What You Will be Doing
We want people to join our team who share our values of love, excellence, respect, empowerment, and well-being. The Lead Registered Nurse (RN) ensures the implementation and maintenance of current best practices in the nursing department and resulting in optimum medical services and integration with care coordination for individuals served within the community including in our supported living and behavioral health services. The Lead Registered Nurse (RN) oversees the functioning of nurses and medical assistants supporting the growth of the region while facilitating care coordination services across other internal services and with outside stakeholders. The Lead Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the nursing team to ensure our individuals receive the best care possible and all governing body regulations are met and to work with other leadership to help create an atmosphere that provides for continuity of quality services and clear direction with respect to the philosophy, policy, procedures, systems and strategic goals set forth by the senior management team.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position exempt position. Working days are generally Monday through Friday with working hours generally falling between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m with flexibility in hours to meet the organization's needs and complete on-call duties. Evening and weekend work required as job duties demand.
Required Education, Experience, Licenses:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing or equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Current RN license in the State of Ohio.
- Minimum of five years of nursing experience with one year of management experience.
- Valid Ohio Driver's License with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles; proof of auto insurance; insurable driving record (five points or fewer).
Preferred Education and Experience
- One (1) year of experience in the field of Community Behavioral Health.
- Excellent computer skills — including spreadsheets and word processing tools — and the ability to learn new programs expeditiously.
- 5 or more years of experience in the provision of services to individuals with developmental disabilities and/or behavioral health issues, which includes responsibility for the following functions: personnel matters, supervision of employees, program services, and financial management.
- Experience with Smartcare or other EHR software.
This position is directly responsible for managing nurses and medical assistants employed within the assigned Boundless program in the State of Ohio.
This job regularly works in the community providing services outside of the office, in schools, client homes, and other community settings. This position may also work in the office and provide telehealth services. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.