Alliant Engineering, Inc., an employee owned company, is a growing engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and surveying firm with a strong culture of quality, delivery, and innovation. Our employee owners are driven by a commitment to build better communities with excellence and passion. At Alliant we work hard; we have fun; and we love it.
Within our Minnesota and Florida offices, we blend collaboration with integrity and forward-thinking to develop design solutions that address current needs and future aspirations. Internally, we strive to provide a culture of support and opportunities. Then, it extends outwardly by giving back to charitable organizations in our communities. Alliant Engineering seeks straightforward people who value smart solutions, intelligent discussion, and a collaborative approach to achieving great things. Always humbly confident, we believe in creating work that speaks for itself.
About the Role:
Alliant Engineering, Inc., an award-winning engineering, land surveying, and construction services firm, is looking for aBilling Coordinatorto join our accounting team in downtown Minneapolis. This hybrid (remote/on-site) position will assist with the monthly invoicing and other transactions related to the billing and accounts receivable functions within our accounting department.
This position will interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization. Our ideal candidate must have a positive attitude, be a team player, have a high level of interpersonal skills, and be able to be trusted to handle sensitive and confidential material.
- Coordinate with Project Managers (PMs) to ensure clients receive accurate bills in a timely manner
- Monitor unpaid bills and follow up with project managers and clients to secure payment
- Ensure appropriate documentation is available for contract terms and billing terms
- Assist PMs throughout the entire project life cycle from project opening to project closeout
- Provide necessary data for PMs and others regarding project financial status.
- Coordinate with subconsultants to ensure invoices are accurate and meet our clients requirements
- Prepare other reports as necessary or as requested by the Billing Manager
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well within a team-oriented environment
- Ability to learn new technologies, tools and platforms
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office products
- Prior billing experience within the construction/engineering industry
- Experience with Deltek Vision or VantagePoint, e-billing portals e.g. Textura, ProCore, Supply Pro
At Alliant, we take care of our employees by offering a world class benefit package including:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Generous Profit Sharing, Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP), and 401k Contribution programs
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability and Long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- Wellness Programs & Competitions
- Generous Annual Leave and Compensatory Time Off programs
- Flexible Schedules
- Casual work environment
- Paid Professional Development and Training
- Community Involvement/Charity Events
- Numerous Employee Focused Events (Lunch & Learns, Office Recreation Room, Quarterly Off-Site Socials, etc.)
The Alliant team is a group of enthusiastic, self-motivated professionals that live the mission of building better communities with excellence and passion. Come and be an employee-owner in an organization that offers a workplace culture that is uplifting and positive along with an outstanding salary and benefits package.
|We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.