|For over 30 years, Carver Companies fundamental belief has been to provide unparalleled service all while maintaining our values of honesty and integrity both on Land & Sea.
With locations up and down the east coast, including the Capital District of Upstate NY, Brayton Point in Mass, North Charleston Carver Maritime, Port Manatee in Florida, and our latest addition - Carver Canada in New Brunswick.
Our core competencies consist of General & Marine Construction, Sand and Gravel Mining, Property Maintenance, Port, Stevedoring, Terminal & Warehouse Management Maritime & Logistics, and Tug and Barge Marine Towing.
We strive to inspire our diverse, well-rounded work force and management team to always perform at the highest levels of safety and professionalism. We deliver service by maintaining a reputation where our unquestionable VALUES of honesty and integrity drive our actions on and off the job.
What we have to offer you:
• Medical Insurance (great plan choices with reasonable premiums!)
• Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
• 401k Retirement Savings Plan with up to an 8% MATCH!!
• Group Life Insurance Plan
• Short & Long Term Disability Plans
• Employee Investment Opportunity with Carver Group Ventures
• Career Development Opportunities
• Casual Dress Code
• Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life and AFLAC plans also available!
Carver Companies is looking to hire Traveling Stevedores to join its dynamic team in Port of Coeymans, NY!
Work for Carver Companies and you will receive competitive pay (up to $30/ hr*), paid travel, daily travel per diem, and a comprehensive benefits package!
(Must reside near one of Carver Companies Ports "Port Manatee Florida, N. Charleston, SC, Port of Coeymans, NY)
Operate ships gear crane and other specialized heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner with the objective of loading or unloading bulk cargo to or from a vessel.
The ideal candidate must be willing to travel regularly and have experience operating ship cranes, loading and offloading bulk materials to hoppers, hopper barges and trucks. Experience in various types of rigging and maritime background is preferred.
- Familiarity of Crane and Hoist operations required
- Responsible for the safe operation of the crane
- Responsible for the safe transloading of cargoes and commodities
- Report unsafe operations and behavior to the assigned production manager
- Ensures the maintenance of the crane, including performing pre-job inspections and periodic maintenance
- Accomplishes work by operating equipment, observing varying conditions, adjusting equipment controls.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with company policies and legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in training opportunities.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- 1 year experience in a similar position in an industrial setting (preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of rig operation and maintenance programs
- Working Experience in stevedoring
- Proficiency in equipment operations
- Advocate of team concept
- Flexible schedule: rotating shifts, days, nights, weekends and holidays as required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to qualify for TWIC card
- Ability to pass pre-employment screening to include, drug screen, physical and background check
The incumbent will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot-cool/cold as well as occasional rain. Will work at different elevations, noise levels will be moderate-high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment, and tools. Rotational shift work required. Twelve or more hours per day spent in work environment.
The physical nature of the work will vary from day to day based on operational needs; however the job will require the incumbent to be able to perform: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motion. Incumbent will also be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to: Hard Hat, eyewear, safety vests, gloves, masks/ respirators (when necessary) and steel-toe boots.
Very Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/ or in excess of 50 lbs. frequently, and/ or in excess of 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects
What We Have to Offer You:
- Up to $30/ hr (based on experience and qualifications)
- Daily Travel Per Diem
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with up to an 8% MATCH!!
- Company Paid Group Life Insurance Plan
- Company Paid Long Term Disability Plans
- Employee Investment Opportunity with Carver Group Ventures
- Career Development Opportunities
- Casual Dress Code
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life and AFLAC plans also available!