Alliant Engineering, Inc., an employee owned company, is a growing engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and surveying firm with a strong culture of quality, delivery, and innovation. Our employee owners are driven by a commitment to build better communities with excellence and passion. At Alliant we work hard; we have fun; and we love it.
Within our Minnesota and Florida offices, we blend collaboration with integrity and forward-thinking to develop design solutions that address current needs and future aspirations. Internally, we strive to provide a culture of support and opportunities. Then, it extends outwardly by giving back to charitable organizations in our communities. Alliant Engineering seeks straightforward people who value smart solutions, intelligent discussion, and a collaborative approach to achieving great things. Always humbly confident, we believe in creating work that speaks for itself.
About the Role:
Come and join our team! This paid rotational internship will provide ample opportunity to participate as a valuable member of our engineering team by working on meaningful projects, while being supported and mentored by our experienced engineering staff.
The intern will rotate between our land development, traffic and transportation groups throughout the summer. Typical projects include a wide variety of residential development, commercial development, municipal, county, and state projects including: stormwater, grading, sewer, water, streets, highways, bikeways, and pedestrian accommodations.
- Assist with preliminary and final design of projects
- Perform design computations and analyses
- Assist with preparation of engineering reports and supporting documents
- Assist in the preparation of construction drawings, specifications and cost estimates
- Coordinate design decisions with other engineering disciplines
- Plan, coordinate, and execute work in a safe, timely, cost-effective and compliant manner
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- In pursuit of a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical and problem solving skills
Internship begins May 2023 and will conclude in August 2023.
At Alliant, we take care of our employees by offering a world class benefit package including:
- Competitive salary
- Wellness Programs & Competitions
- Flexible Schedules
- Casual work environment
- Community Involvement/Charity Events
- Numerous Employee Focused Events (Lunch & Learns, Office Recreation Room, Quarterly Off-Site Socials, etc.)
The Alliant team is a group of enthusiastic, self-motivated professionals that live the mission of building better communities with excellence and passion. Come and be an employee-owner in an organization that offers a workplace culture that is uplifting and positive along with an outstanding salary and benefits package.
|We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.