Under the supervision and guidance of the assigned manager: Responsible for performing audit sections designed to assess the adequacy of internal controls, efficiency and effectiveness of operations, compliance with policies and regulations, risk management, and governance processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain strict privacy regarding customer account information. Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provide customers with exceptional customer service and executes operational excellence. When on the telephone: Speak with a smile, call them by name, stay connected in the conversation and let them know they are appreciated.
- Perform scheduled financial, and operational audits of the Bank, its systems, applications, and branches.
- Obtain Bank and audit information to use in the planning of audits and to determine the scope of testing. Good knowledge of mathematics as it applies to the audit process such as arithmetic, fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Assist in summarizing audit exceptions and internal control weaknesses and make recommendations to resolve issues. Ability to use clear, logical steps and excellent judgement to understand an issue from all angles before executing an action.
- Assist with examinations as assigned.
- Assist the Bank’s independent auditors and regulatory examiners in their respective examinations, as assigned.
- Prevent, identify, and detect fraud.
- Ability to work independently and with a team and the ability to grasp new concepts quickly, troubleshoot problems, multi-task and prioritize projects.
- Acquire general knowledge of Internal Audit as it applies to internal controls, regulations, and risk management.
- Operate keyboard, telephone, scanner, and copier. Strong computer skills including strong knowledge in MS Office Outlook, typing, 10 key and the internet. Proficiency with internal bank software will be required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel will be required.
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and work cooperatively with other co-workers.
- Complete all on-line compliance Teal Training courses timely.
- Additional duties may be assigned or required by management.
QUALIFICATIONS |EDUCATION | EXPERIENCE:
• Candidate must be 18 years of age.
• High School Diploma or GED Required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Related field Required | Emphasis in Accounting highly preferred.
• 1 – 2 years’ experience working the field of banking, auditing, or area relevant to the assigned duties preferred.
• Individual should possess meticulous attention to detail and have a keen interest in the financial system.
• Excellent knowledge of generally accepted accounting standards, internal audit principals and report writing techniques preferred.
Scheduled Work Hours: 40 Hours per week
Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Extended working hours may be required
Foster a culture that values critical thinking and problem solving, engagement, inclusion, diversity and execute operational excellence. Establish a positive and productive work relationships; able to generate trust, ability, and willingness to give and receive honest, balanced feedback. Willingness to adhere to a strict ethical code of conduct.
The employee must possess sufficient mobility to work in and move about in a standard office setting and sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment. Substantial time may be spend on the telephone and working on a computer, sitting and/or standing. The employee must have the ability to hear and articulate well enough to carry on a normal conversation, both in person and over the telephone. Visual abilities required by this job include the ability to read materials in either a printed format or on a computer screen. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment described here is representative of what an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this position require the ability to maintain attention to detail and complete work projects accurately in a short amount of time, despite interruptions. The employee must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in all situations. The position also requires the ability to read and interpret documents and draft written communications.