Are you a Lead Behavior Technician who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. For more than forty years, we’ve provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education
- Career growth opportunities
- Tuesday: 11:00 pm-7:00 am
- Wednesday: 11:00 pm-7:00 am
- Thursday: 11:00 pm-7:00 am
- Friday: 11:00 pm-7:00 am
- Saturday: 11:00 pm-7:00 am
What You Will be Doing
We want people to join our team who share our values of love, excellence, respect, empowerment, and well-being. This position will be working directly in a residential therapeutic setting with individuals in need of behavior stabilization with a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder. Constant engagement with and supervision of individuals will be a requirement of staff. This will include programs specific to the individual's needs based on their IP; implementation of Applied Behavioral Analysis (which is a highly scheduled, intensive therapeutic approach to teach expected behavior and life skills); implementation of highly structured Behavior Support Plans and other approaches that the team determines appropriate for the individual. Crisis intervention is likely for issues including self-injury, aggression, and high magnitude disruptive behavior. This position will take lead on each shift to ensure the treatment team is functioning smoothly and all daily requirements are complete. On-call rotation required.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Demonstrates accurate implementation of education, skill acquisition and behavior reduction plans as taught in initial and ongoing training sessions and based on feedback from supervisors
- Implements crisis interventions as needed to maintain safety
- Support individual with all adaptive life skills including, but not limited to bathing, grooming, dressing, toileting, etc.
- Ensures the safety, health, and well-being of all individuals; reports and documents unsafe conditions in the environment and injury and health conditions of the individual; always interacts in a positive way with individuals; fosters a home atmosphere.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School or equivalent or related field plus 3 years or more of experience in the mental health field.
- Experience working in a leadership role
- Must be able to communicate in English, including both spoken and in writing.
- College Degree in related field
- First Aid, CPR - adult, child and infant; delegated nursing.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles; proof of auto insurance.
- No more than 5 points on license.
- Three-year experience working with intellectually or developmentally disabled individuals and experience implementing ABA
- College Degree in related field
Special Skills and Requirements:
- Must be detail-oriented and have competent literacy and writing, documentation, communications and interpersonal abilities.
- Must be able to use tools and equipment as required – including pushing/pulling wheelchairs, lifting consumers with Hoyer lifts
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.