eCatalyst Healthcare Solutions is actively hiringInpatient Medical Coders to join our diverse and dynamic team of Health Information professionals.
As an Inpatient Medical Coder, you will perform inpatient coding for one of our valued clients.Our dedicated employees enjoy the collaboration and recognition of working in small teams to support our amazing clients.
- Reviews medical record documentation and assigns ICD-10-CM/PCS codes as supported by medical record documentation.
- Utilizes our clients electronic medical record (EMR), encoder, and computer-assisted coding (CAC) software as directed.
- Ensures optimal reimbursement while maintaining compliance with CMS and third-party payor policies and guidelines.
- Maintains compliance with eCatalyst and clients coding policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Abstracts pertinent information from the medical record, per client guidelines.
- Understands APR and MS-DRG reimbursement methodologies for acute care.
- Accurately assigns present on admission indicator and the discharge disposition.
- Invokes the physician query process to clarify conflicting, incomplete, ambiguous, and/or inconsistent clinical information when necessary and per client guidelines.
- Consistently maintains 95% or above accuracy rate while meeting established productivity standards.
- Completes daily production log and daily time keeping requirements.
- Attends and participates in eCatalyst and client meetings as requested.
- Completes coding continuing education and maintains coding credentials.
- Ensures HIPAA compliance at all times.
- Consistently delivers eCatalysts brand promise of Exceptional Services Delivered with Unrelenting Client Focus to our client partners.
eCatalyst offers an amazing work culture, supportive teams, and competitive benefits!
United Healthcare Health plans with an extensive national network 2 PPO plans and a HDHP with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
401k plan with an up to 4% company match
Dental Insurance Vision Insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability for all employees
Company Paid Short Term Disability (for qualifying positions)
Voluntary Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity Plans
Dependent Care and Medical Flexible Spending Accounts
EAP and Financial Wellness programs
Free Continuing Education Credits