The End User Support Specialist has primary responsibility to field requests for assistance from other associates related to all areas of technology in use at NCM, and maintain accurate records of work performed. These areas include, but are not limited to, desktop support and the related software applications, mobile phone and mobile office technology, as well as networking and connectivity issues. This position will also maintain inventories of hardware, software and other company assets. This position will assist with research, maintenance and administration of the company’s network infrastructure including workstations, software, servers and network devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to requests for technical support via helpdesk ticketing system in a timely and efficient manner. These issues can be hardware, software, as well as training related tasks.
- Configure and install new user equipment including workstations, software and mobile devices.
- Assist in development of training materials for end users.
- Perform systems backup using remote and local backup software.
- Maintain accurate inventories of all hardware and software.
- Assist the team in administration of servers and their creation to include virtual server environment and physical servers.
- Create and deploy Group Policy Objects.
- Create and administer objects within Active Directory including new user management and security groups.
- Assist other departments when needed for tasks that are not of a traditional IT nature.
- Perform remote user support via Mobile Device Management technologies.
- Manage access control lists and folder permissions.
- Maintain product licensing and company certificates.
- Provide assistance with administrative tasks related to systems including switches, firewalls, routers, uninterruptible power supplies and server room equipment.
- Advise and give recommendations to strengthen the security posture of NCM.
• 2-4 years’ experience in field or related area.
• Technical Certifications such as MCSA, CCNA, Security +, Network +, A + preferred.
• Helpdesk, Desktop Support, End-User Support experience in a business environment.
• Remote management and troubleshooting experience using mobile device management software.
• Email administration experience using hosted services and on-premises servers.
• Deploying hardware and software using imaging techniques.
• Creating and maintaining virtual server environments including VMWare VCenter is desirable.
• Experience working with Active Directory and Group Policy Objects in a business environment is desirable.
• Working with anti-virus and anti-malware technologies.
• Working with MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, internet browsers, Symantec, and other business applications.
• Working with help desk incident/request ticketing system is desirable.
• Basic knowledge of Cisco networking devices including switches, firewalls, routers, and Cisco IOS is desirable.
• Must be fluent in workstation, server, and networking concepts.
• Must be fluent in Microsoft operating systems and Office products.
• Microsoft workstation and server operating systems, IIS, NTFS.
• Networking protocols including DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP.
• Internet protocols including HTTP(S), SMTP, SFTP.
• Thorough understanding of IT security related protocols and best practices preferred.
• Excellent customer service skills including communication and interpersonal skills for interacting with staff, clients, and other vendors.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to present information in one-on-one and group situations.
• Self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised for extended lengths of time.
• Completes all responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner.
• Designated employees must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as driving on company business may be required.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to stand, walk, sit, speak, hear, see and use hands to handle objects.
• Some heavy lifting required
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically be in an office environment.