Turning Point Community Programs is seeking a Care Coordinator-ECM for our Pathways program in Sacramento. This position is eligible for a $3000 sign-on bonus. Turning Point Community Programs (TPCP) provides integrated, cost-effective mental health services, employment and housing for adults, children and their families that promote recovery, independence and self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative and high quality services that assist adults and children with psychiatric, emotional and/or developmental disabilities in achieving their goals. Turning Point Community Programs (TPCP) has offered a path to mental health and recovery since 1976. We help people in our community every single day – creating a better space for all types of people in need. Join our mission of offering hope, respect and support to our clients on their journey to mental health and wellness.
The Enhanced Care Management (ECM) Care Coordinator is responsible for coordinating care and services among the physical, behavioral, dental, developmental, and social service delivery systems ensuring individuals receive the right care at the right time and become, or remain, able to live successfully in their communities.
Pathways to Success After Homelessness is a mental health program that provides intensive case management, therapeutic and psychiatric services. Pathways provides supportive housing services in conjunction with intensive mental health services with the goal od helping individuals recover from homelessness.
Under the general supervision of the Program Director or designee, this position is responsible for assisting members in meeting their expressed goals while living in the community. Additional support in areas of medication management, housing, vocation, counseling and advocacy will be provided as needed.
This is an at-will direct service position within a program. The position is responsible for assisting and advocating for our members in all areas of treatment and help them apply for and receive services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that could be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Maintain a caseload of Managed Care Plan (MCP) Members
- Serve as Enhanced Care Management (ECM) Point of Contact/ Lead Care Manager for the MCP Members
- Work collaboratively with treatment team
- Oversee provision of ECM services.
- Engage and conduct in-person outreach with eligible MCP Members
- Accompany MCP Member to office visits, as needed and according to MCP guidelines
- Extend health promotion and self-management training
- Arrange transportation
- Connect MCP Member to other social services and supports needed
- Educate MCP Members about MCP Member benefits, including crisis services, transportation services, etc.
- Distribute health promotion materials
- Offer services where the MCP Member lives, seeks care, or finds most easily accessible and within MCP guidelines
- Advocate on behalf of MCP Members with health care professionals
- Use motivational interviewing, trauma-informed care, and harm-reduction practices
- Work with hospital staff on discharge plan
- Monitor treatment adherence (including medication)
- Contact MCP Member to schedule in-person visit with the contract provider
- Turning Point’s Mission, Vision and Core Values.
- Principles and goals of community mental health.
- Principles and goals of the “START Model.”
- Principles and goals of the “consumer/family driven model.”
- Psychosocial rehabilitation’s treatment and programming.
- Principles and goals of “family centered model.”
- Work and communicate effectively with staff, families, community agencies, and professionals.
- Perform crisis intervention strategies.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Understand budgeting requirements and budgetary implications for programming.
- Work effectively under stress and conflict.
- Exercise appropriate judgment and decision making.
- Be flexible and adaptable in any given situation.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Supervise staff, delegate responsibility, and provide leadership and training.
- Be well organized, flexible, and self-disciplined.
- Plan, organize, implement and evaluate programs
- to get to multiple locations, typically by car
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compensation: $ 30.00 - 31.84 per hour, with a $3000 sign-on bonus
Interested? Join us at our open interviews on Wednesdays from 2-4PM,
located at 10850 Gold Center Drive, Suite 325, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW!