First Security Bank offers career opportunities for diverse, professional and energetic individuals who foster a culture that values critical thinking, problem solving and who execute operational excellence.
If you are looking for a part-time opportunity, enjoy building quality relationships with customers, handling money and are a team player then banking may be a good fit for you! Feel free to contact Shanté Zornes at 501.324.8110 if you wish to review additional details.
Under the supervision and guidance of assigned training personnel; accepts and processes transactions from the bank’s customers by personal contact, mail, and night deposit. Become knowledgeable in identifying customer needs, service accounts, explain financial products and help resolve customer issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Training consists of learning and developing the essential duties listed below:
- Maintain strict privacy regarding customer account information. Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provide customers with exceptional customer service and execute operational excellence. In person: Greet every customer with a smile, maintain eye contact, call them by name, stay connected in conversation and let them know they are appreciated. When on the telephone: Speak with a smile, call them by name, stay connected in the conversation and let them know they are appreciated.
- Process deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, issue Cashier’s Checks, and cash checks, securing proper identification and following teller policies and procedures. Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete hold notices. Identify counterfeit currency.
- Visually review customer transactions verifying necessary information.
- Count and balance cash using teller platform. Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that bank drawer cash limits are not exceeded. Scan all proof work through branch capture machine
- Receives mortgage, consumer and other loan payments.
- Ability to articulate effectively with customers by answering questions in person or on telephone and refers customers to other bank services as necessary. Constantly communicate and exchange information with external and internal customers and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Ability to use common sense understanding in order to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Promote bank services and products following appropriate cross-selling procedures or directing client to appropriate personnel. Refer customers to the proper department for issues that cannot be resolved at the transactional desk.
- Adhere to daily opening and closing procedures. Follow prescribed security and safety measures. Secure coin and currency in vault at closing ensuring that cash drawers and safes are locked in vault.
- Maintain currency and coin supply as prescribed by bank policy. Manually count, verify and strap currency. Process coin by selling to the vault in accordance with cash limit and coin policy. Lifting of coin and currency up to 50 pounds as needed..
- Assist with night deposits, mail deposits and ATM deposits as needed.
- Complete Currency Transaction Report (CTR) and Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) as needed. Inform the Bank Secrecy Act Officer of any activities that appear to be suspicious, or that involve fraud, insider abuse and/or other activities where a SAR should be considered as needed.
- Inform Banking Center Manager and/or Retail Operation Manager of department activities and of any problems, concerns or outages exceeding $50.00.
- Assist internal customers (other personnel) and executive management as requested.
- Admitting customers to safe-deposit boxes.
- Learn to identify Fraudulent transactions and suspicious activities.
- Assist with resolving outages and research to resolve discrepancies
- Operate computer, telephone, keyboard, scanner and copier. Computer skills including strong knowledge in MS Office Outlook, typing, 10 key and the internet. Retail Banker will also use money counter and drive thru tube. Proficiency with internal bank software will be required.
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and work cooperatively with other co-workers
- Complete all on-line compliance Teal Training courses timely.
- Attend FSB Training School Preferred - Dependant on location and availability.
- Additional duties may be assigned or required by management.
Upon successful training of duties listed above:
Depending on market need: Part-Time Retail Banker may develop specialized customer service skills necessary to acquire experience in additional retail services:
- Build consumer and business customer profiles as needed.
- Process Debit Cards upon request.
- Assist customers with name/address changes, account maintenance issues, reconciliation, or complaints.
- Update identification.
- Opening/Closing Accounts.
- Handle debit card disputes.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION | EXPERIENCE | SKILLS | SCHEDULED HOURS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed within are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Candidate must be 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- 1 year post-secondary education and/or cash handling, customer service, or relevant banking experience preferred.
Scheduled Hours: 29 Hours per week
Monday and Wednesday: 9:00 am - 5:45 pm | Friday: 9:00 am - 6:15 pm | Saturday: 8:15 am - 12:15 pm (3 per month)
Foster a culture that values critical thinking and problem solving, engagement, inclusion, diversity, and execute operational excellence. Establish a positive and productive work relationships; able to generate trust, ability and willingness to give and receive honest, balanced feedback. Willingness to adhere to a strict ethical code of conduct.
The employee must have the visual acuity to read materials in either a printed format or on a computer screen, view and identify customers at drive-through windows or on camera, identify customers inside the lobby and outside of the bank, review customer transactions and verify necessary information, and identify counterfeit currency. The position also requires the ability to articulate sufficiently well to communicate with customers and co-workers. The employee must have the ability to converse with customers in person, over the telephone, and using the drive-through service.
The employee must possess sufficient mobility to work in and move about in a standard office setting and sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment. Repetitive movement of the wrist, hands, and fingers will be required to handle currency and to operate office equipment including a money counter and drive-through tube. The employee must be able to lift coins and currency weighing up to 50 pounds.
The work environment described here is representative of what an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this position require the ability to maintain attention to detail and complete work projects accurately in a short amount of time, despite interruptions. The employee must be able to interact with customers in a calm and patient manner and to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in all situations. The employee must be able to use basic mathematical skills related to currency, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing numbers. The position also requires the ability to read and interpret documents and draft routine written communications.