The Management Trust
Position Title: Community Services Officer
Location: Highland, CA at East Highlands Ranch
Reporting To: Director of Community Services
Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time
DIRECT LINK TO APPLY: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=4939903
The Management Trust is a community association management company. We believe that building and maintaining a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It takes integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients’ needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. Our Employee Owners are encouraged to actively participate in growing our business by helping define best practices every day. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore this opportunity to join The Management Trust team.
EMPLOYEE OWNER POSITION PURPOSE:
Acting under the direction of the Association Manager, the Community Services Officer (CSO) is responsible for roving patrol and set-up/breakdown for various association events. CSOs protect people within the community from hazards and interference, as well as property from damage and theft. This role conducts periodic tours to check for irregularities and proper functioning of various equipment. The CSO preserves order and may enforce regulations pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises per community, local, and state guidelines.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Control access to client facility via an established admittance process; assist visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry and screen visitors and/or client employees in an efficient manner to expedite their admittance
- Provide an atmosphere in which all client employees and visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their needs by ensuring courteous, respectful, and pleasant interactions
- Monitor/control entrances and exits, prevent unapproved or unlawful entry, direct people and parking needs, operate gates and closed-circuit television, and examine vehicle contents when necessary
- When appropriate, calmly direct anyone causing a disturbance to leave the property
- Patrol assigned site on foot or in vehicle to perform various checks, including: unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized visitors
- Inspect buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment and protective gear
- Protect evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; set up barriers and signage, and provide direction or information to others
- Prepare logs or reports as required for post, write or electronically enter information, and inspect security control logs/take action as required
- Respond to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other conditions by following procedures established for the post, by the company, and/or through training or certification
- Ensure that all property removal is conducted within appropriate policy requirements and in accordance with client standards
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED; related experience preferred
- Must hold a current State of California BSIS Guard Card and training certificate(s)
- Be at least (21) years of age
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions with minimum supervision
- Ability to provide high-level customer service
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to be a collaborative team member
- First Aid/CPR certification required, or ability to acquire these designations immediately upon hire
- Adaptable and dependable with a solid attendance record
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and driving record in compliance with Company policy
- Use standard office equipment, including: computer, phone, copier/scanner, etc.
- Use standard security equipment, including: radios and/or walkie-talkies, etc.
- Be stationary or in motion for periods of time
- Relocate up to (45) pounds
- May be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and the safety of others
SCHEDULE & TRAVEL:
The Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity.
TMT reserves the right to modify this job description at any time based on business need.