NCM is seeking a System Administrator to manage Microsoft Windows and related disciplines. This person will report to the Managing of Technology Infrastructure and oversee Windows Servers, Microsoft 365, Active Directory, Virtual Desktop, MDM, and related software and hardware. They will operate in a multi-location, global team of 10 associates. Candidates must be experienced Windows administrators with strong engineering, troubleshooting, and vendor management skills. Experience with VMware is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborator - You will participate in a team that manages Windows Server, Exchange, Virtual Desktop, and Active directory disciplines. You will provide excellent customer service to our internal and external customers while working together to standardize and modernize our environments.
• Windows Engineer - You must be a strong Windows engineer with a developer mindset. Use automation and configuration management to drive efficiency and standardization.
• Microsoft Ambassador - You will develop and maintain a working relationship with Microsoft and related vendors to keep abreast of the latest development, escalate outages, and recommend upgrades and security enhancements.
• Manage the design, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrades, and support of Windows IT systems, including servers, operating systems, hardware, and software.
• Responsible for evaluating existing architecture and design and proposing improvements.
• Perform technical root cause analysis for outages, including plans to remediate and prevent re-occurrences.
• Interface with other departments to ensure that system service levels are met.
• Manage vendor relationships, including negotiations/renegotiations on infrastructure hardware and support contracts.
• Establish backup and recovery strategies, including monitoring and regular testing.
• Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks.
• Identify strategies that will standardize our environment to simplify management.
• Extensive experience administering Windows 2012, 2016, 2019, and 2022 including installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
• Managed Windows in a virtualized environment using VMware ESXi 6/7, VMware vSphere 6/7, and vCenter.
• Migrated physical servers to virtual servers (P2V) using VMware Converter.
• Root cause and system log analysis and reporting.
• Organizing tasks, events, and configuring alarms.
• Managing Active Directory related operations, including design, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
• Designing, deploying, and monitoring Office 365 in a multi-site, global environment.
• Knowledge and experience with PowerShell.
• Familiar with Windows system monitoring and telemetry.
• Ability to validate the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, including reviewing system and application logs, and monitoring capabilities.
• Knowledge of ITIL best practices (Incident, change, and problem management).
• Strong expertise with production and application support in mixed environments.
• 4-8 years of relevant experience in infrastructure and Windows administration.
• Computer science, engineering, or equivalent degree preferred.
• Candidates accepted into the screening process will be asked to take an online skills evaluation.
This position is currently accepting applications.