The Management Trust
Position Title: Collections Specialist
Location: Corona, CA
Reporting To: Collections and Accounts Receivable Manager
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
The Management Trust is a community association management company. We believe that building and maintaining a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It takes integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients' needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. Our Employee Owners are encouraged to actively participate in growing our business by helping define best practices every day. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore this opportunity to join The Management Trust team.
EMPLOYEE OWNER POSITION PURPOSE:
The Collections Specialist is responsible for supporting our debt resolution/collection efforts while adhering to Civil Code, Association policies, and other regulatory compliance requirements. Key areas of focus include providing quality customer service via phone (high volume of calls) and facilitating payment collection/account resolution from walk-in clients and vendors. This position plays a key role in the daily experience and wellbeing of homeowners, guests, and fellow employees.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate & record delinquent assessment liens and releases
- Pulling title, verify owner records, and check lender activity for delinquent accounts
- Generate Prelien letters and assist in mailing process
- Process collection service and attorney assignments; follow-up as needed
- Facilitate and monitor payment plan agreements
- Review homeowner accounts, research discrepancies, and process adjustments
- Regularly review and complete pending action items, ensuring that questions have been answered and issues have been resolved
- Generate and maintain reports, account ledgers, special letters
- Assist homeowners with online account access, resetting passwords, online payments, and paperless billing
- Handle homeowner calls and assist clients with account resolution
- Provide various administrative support, including, but not limited to data entry, generating reports, and tracking certified mail receipts
- Perform any additional duties or special projects as assigned
- High School Diploma (or equivalent); Associate's Degree preferred
- Proficiency in accounts receivable, customer service, and/or collections - with generally 1-2 years of experience
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word; intermediate skills a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines and address time-sensitive issues
- Superior multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to provide high-level customer service with astute attention to detail and organization
- Must be a team player
- Ability to manage workflow amid shifting priorities
- Willing to learn Company process and procedures, and learn/use proprietary software
- Adaptable and dependable with a solid attendance record
- Professional and respectful demeanor with all internal and external customers at all times
- Use standard office equipment, including computer, phone, copier/scanner, etc.
- Be stationary or in motion for periods of time
- Relocate up to (25) pounds
SUPERVISES OTHERS? IF SO, LIST:
SCHEDULE & TRAVEL:
- Monday-Friday from approx. 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- This position may require occasional long hours to meet business needs
The Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity.
We reserve the right to modify this job description at any time based on business need.
|We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We celebrate and support diversity.
The Management Trust reserves the right to modify any job description at any time based on business need.