The Management Trust
Position Title: Human Resources Generalist
Location: Palm Desert, CA
Reporting To: Regional Human Resources Manager
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Salary: $62,400 - $66,000 DOE
The Selected Candidate must be Bilingual Spanish - Preferably Verbal and Written
The Management Trust is a community association management company. We believe that building and maintaining a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It takes integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients' needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. Our Employee Owners are encouraged to actively participate in growing our business by helping define best practices every day. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore this opportunity to join The Management Trust team.
EMPLOYEE OWNER POSITION PURPOSE:
As our HR Generalist (HRG), you are charged with two critical tasks - providing high-impact human support to our employees and partnering with your Regional HR Manager (RHRM) to ensure smooth day-to-day people operations. This is a unique role that combines heavy admin support (what may be traditionally managed by an HR Assistant) and a high volume of mid-level Generalist duties. As a result, this position requires tremendous organization, the ability to quickly prioritize, and remain calm/positive in the face of demanding needs. Most importantly, this individual must be a consummate professional, team player, and backed by enough HR experience, intuition, and self-awareness to seamless partner with front-line staff through senior management.
Our HRG is passionate about helping others, looking ahead to evaluate possible outcomes, and promoting a positive experience for all. This role focuses on fielding the majority of mid-level employee needs to allow the RHRM the appropriate bandwidth to serve as a strategic business partner for our company's leadership. Identifying what can be managed at this level versus escalated to the RHRM will be an ongoing opportunity in effective communication, problem solving, and leveraging multiple resources to ensure a seamless experience for the employees in your region. If you are a critical thinker who loves providing guidance, building long-lasting relationships, and is comfortable taking charge of sometimes complex situations, then this is the perfect opportunity for you. The position is based in our Palm Desert division office and will provide support for our California Desert and California Central Coast teams (250+ employees).
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the first line of contact for most employee relations, policy/practice, and general HR guidance needs.
- Exercise considerable discretion and independent judgement as your recommendations carry significant weight with respect to business outcomes
- Partner with your RHRM to understand your region's human capital needs and collaborate on how to best support those goals
- Regularly visit onsite communities (generally accessible via same-day car travel) to ensure a steady connection and engagement across a geographically distributed workforce
- Provide manager support, training, and disciplinary guidance; escalate to your RHRM as needed
- Collaborate on compensation and benefits administration efforts
- Promote employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health
- Support regional compliance, including: Workers Comp, ADA, COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, and other state/federal requirements
- Track and identify meaningful metrics to help us understand what is working well, what is not, and where we might need to tighten-up
- Identify ways that we can improve our employee experience
- Keep us apprised of HR trends, specifically those that affect your assigned regions
- Offer thought leadership and consultative guidance to all levels of internal and external clients
- Prioritize and juggle multiple projects at once
- Medium admin/data entry
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bilingual English/Spanish a must
- Bachelor's degree and/or the equivalent of 2+ years of HR experience
- Strong Microsoft Office and internet research skills
- Exposure to financials and linking people needs to the bottom-line
- Demonstrated ability to partner with leaders and make sound recommendations based on business need
- Ability to maintain confidence, confidentially, and composure during sometimes difficult or complex situations
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ultimate professionalism, communication, and team work skills
- Ability to deliver regular, clear, and meaningful updates to all levels of internal and external clients
- PHR certification a plus
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license, vehicle insurance, and driving record in compliance with Company policy
- Use standard office equipment, including: computer, phone, copier/scanner, etc.
- Be stationary for periods of time
- Relocate up to (25) pounds
- Travel to and from offsite locations
SUPERVISES OTHERS? IF SO, LIST:
SCHEDULE & TRAVEL:
- Monday-Friday from approx. 8:00 am-5:00 pm / eligible to work remote two days a week
- This position may require occasional long hours to meet business needs
- Approx. 10% domestic travel annually
The Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity.
TMT reserves the right to modify this job description at any time based on business need.