Russell is a professional services firm providing construction and development services across the Midwest. Since its inception in 1983, Russell’s culture promotes a collaborative work environment that strives to exceed our clients’ expectations and provide life-time career opportunities for our professionals.
Headquartered in Davenport, Iowa, with offices in St. Louis, Missouri and Overland Park, Kansas, Russell has delivered more than $3 billion in projects across 33 states. We remain a market leader in our core markets, including new construction and complex additions and renovations.
At Russell, we are creating more than a project - we are building great people, relationships, and community.
Life at Russell
The number one response we receive when we ask our team members what they like about Russell is the culture. Russell team members describe working here as being more flexible than any place they’ve ever worked. They feel supported and support each other. They have fun. They are empowered to get their work done how they see fit. And most of all, they know they can continue their careers here because of the rich development tools available to them. Life at Russell is full of opportunities.
How You’ll Contribute
As a Field Engineer, you will help us reach our strategic growth goals by providing administrative and technical assistance on construction projects from bid preparation to final acceptance by our clients.
Assist Superintendent and Project Manager through the following activities from a full-time onsite position: Schedule, coordinate and supervise craft employee activities including scheduling and supervision of project subcontractor activities to ensure safe and economic completion of assigned project. Provide administrative and technical assistance on management of construction projects from bid preparation through final acceptance by client. Job scope includes project related duties for professional growth and development.
- Provide technical assistance, interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required. Assist in Initiating and maintaining extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly project status reports, forecasting cost projections, and status of the project.
- Assist in administrative responsibilities such as: issuing Owner and Subcontract agreements, scheduling, change order management, shop drawings, RFI’s, related day to day correspondence, etc.
- Assist in coordinate assigned work with work of multiple trades and subcontractors
- Maintain liaison with project management, engineering and design to ensure project complies with drawings, specifications and schedule
- Assist in resolving construction problems as required
- Responsible for project safety and safe work practices of workers and subcontract employees
- Maintain positive client relationships.
- Additional duties as required by Project Manager/Superintendent including but not limited to:
- Assist in estimating self-performed work
- Assist in the review of subcontractor and material proposals
- Assist in development and updating of master schedule and look aheads.
- Assist in review of shop drawings for key materials
- Assist in finalization of as-builts, turnover and walk-thrus for equipment and material as well as creating and managing punchlist activities.
Education and Experience Requirements: 4 year engineering degree or equivalent or High School diploma/GED with a combination of training and experience. Construction trades coursework desirable. Management and communication skills highly valued.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a demonstrated safe driving record and ability to safely operate a variety of vehicles.
- Understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and ability to control and supervise large groups essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain relationships with customers, fellow employees and the general public. Ability to resolve conflict important.
- Ability to work under varying conditions and deadlines while maintaining safety standards essential.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize mobile phone, personal computer and tablet as well as various software applications, including but not limited to, project scheduling, electronic spreadsheet, word processing, calendar/scheduling programs and department specific software packages.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation in applying for employment at Russell please contact us at (563) 459-4600 or HR@russellco.com. This contact is for accommodation request only and can’t be used to inquire about status of an application.