The Renewal and Recertification Coordinator in the Certification and Credentialing Services Department is responsible for and works with current certificants and credential holders during the renewal and recertification process in accordance with the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) and the Center for Credentialing & Education (CCE) policies, processes, and procedures. The Renewal and Recertification Coordinator serves as an expert and is the primary contact during this process. The position ensures excellent customer service and timely response to phone calls and emails related to renewals and recertifications. The position also assists in the implementation of and ongoing support of any programs for renewals and recertifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as an expert on renewal and recertification and best practices and services for NBCC and CCE.
- Represents NBCC in communications about recertification policies with current certificants and credential holders.
- Works closely with Customer Relations and Engagement Manager to develop and implement infrastructure for the renewal and recertification processes.
- Coordinates with Communications Manager to engage NCCs on a regular basis in order to assess needs and aid in retention.
- Assists in coordination and organization of departmental mass communications.
- Ensures timely response to phone calls and emails related to renewals and recertifications, including inquiries related to status, use of NBCC and CCE resources, and others as assigned.
- Reviews and processes continuing education audits and voluntary audits for current and reinstating certificants and credential holders. Reviews and processes Continuing Education Verification for state licensure boards.
- Facilitates the responses to all matters regarding inappropriate use of certification and/or credential marks by certificants and credential holders.
- Assists Customer Relations and Engagement Manager in ongoing quality improvement of all activities related to recertification and recredentialing of certificants and credential holders.
- Responsible for gathering data, requesting queries, and providing necessary reports to Customer Relations and Engagement Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communication – Ability to listen to others, process information, and communicate effectively in oral and written formats, including knowledge of the structure and content of the English language.
- Adaptability – Ability to adjust to circumstances and think creatively.
- Customer Focus – Genuinely cares whether the customers are satisfied and truly wants to create the best possible experience for them.
- Problem Solving/Analysis – Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to see an issue and use objective analysis and evaluation in order to form a judgment.
- Collaboration and Teamwork – Ability to work cooperatively with other individuals and make valued contributions to the outputs of others in order to assist own team or project to achieve the required outputs.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two years’ related experience and/or training required
- Master's Degree in Counseling
- Microsoft Office Products
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
All positions, regardless of current work location noted on this job description, may change work location requirements from time to time based on business demand.
- May require overnight travel.
Essential Physical Demands:
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting.
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to use hands, including hand–eye coordination.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers such as simple grasping, keyboarding, or fine manipulation.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one workspace to another.
Disclaimer: The scope of the job may change based on business demands. The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list, and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee at any time.
|NBCC and Affiliates provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.