The Job Discovery Program (JDP) Lead Training Instructor will be assigned to the Oakey kitchen as the Instructor for the training site. Responsible for creating the monthly lunch menu for the Job Discovery Programs. Coordinate all operations of the kitchen training site including; ordering products while staying within the weekly budget and communicating with inside and outside sales/purchasing departments. Work with the Resource Development Department to organize the shared use of the Oakey kitchen during special events/events season. Responsible for scheduling and maintaining daily coverage of the Job Discovery Programs training sites. Will calendar Job Discovery staff PTO and create the staff schedule for CCSD breaks. Responsible for training all new JDP staff. Responsible for assisting in the coaching of all JDP staff, including daily huddles.
The JDP Lead Training Instructor will be responsible for the provision of training and advocacy support for Clark County School District (CCSD) students enrolled in the Job Discovery Programs. This position will work closely with all members of the assessment team, job developers, managers, supervisors, Clark County School District staff and parents/guardians to support each student towards achievement of their goals.
Embrace Opportunity Village core values by cultivating positive and meaningful CONNECTIONS with clients and colleagues, demonstrating ENTHUSIASM, high standards of PRODUCTIVITY, authentic STEWARDSHIP, and consistent participation in individual and team DEVELOPMENT. Reinforce and positively engage in Opportunity Village’s organizational culture supporting choice and creativity of clients and of staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for providing training to students at the Oakey Kitchen (or other sites as assigned), providing guidance, feedback and insight as to how job tasks might be completed in a more effective and efficient manner.
2. Identify and support student’s short-term and long-term career goals. Communicate and coordinate with students’ team including job developer, student advocate, Voc Rehab, Desert Regional Center, Clark County School District and parents/guardians.
3. Responsible for working with students to expand and enhance their job readiness in preparation for employment within the Agency or employment in the “real-world” setting. This includes assistance with résumé preparation; assistance with job search, completion of job applications; job interview training.
4. Prepare all necessary documentation including but not limited to, department monthly reports; incident reports; ID notes; weekly training reports; daily attendance.
5. Assist in JDP outreach events at CCSD, and other local agencies.
6. Be involved in JDP employment coaching and training for all new and existing JDP Instructors. Including providing feedback and assisting with Performance Coaching Tools.
7. Responsible for creating the monthly lunch menu and ordering products.
8. Must obtain and maintain site-specific compliance for all JDP sites, including but not limited to Sheriff’s Card, and yearly TB skin test.
9. Responsible for scheduling and maintaining daily coverage of the JDP training sites. May be responsible for personally covering JDP sites other than the Oakey kitchen as needed.
10. Calendar JDP staff PTO requests and create staff schedule for CCSD breaks.
11. Assist with interviewing new JDP Instructors as needed.
12. Responsible for assuring compliance with all Federal and State regulations and company policies and procedures.
13. May be responsible for transporting students in a company vehicle for site compliance.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position coordinates and provides team leadership for JDP Training Instructors.