Interested in lending where it counts? Opportunity Finance Network is looking for a talented Credit Analyst to support senior Financial Services staff in the underwriting and portfolio management of OFNs investments. Responsibilities includeloan investment analysis, financial statement analysis, monitoring debt investments, relationship management, portfolio analysis and composing written summaries. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate who is interested in impact investing and learning about the CDFI industry. Join us and help make a difference!
OFN is a leading national network of CDFIs headquartered in Washington, D.C. In pursuit of our mission to align capital with social, economic, and political justice, OFN supports its 360+ member CDFIs to drive transformational change in financially underserved rural, urban, and Native communities nationwide. We help money flow to people and places where traditional finance doesnt reach. As a financial intermediary, OFN secures private capital for CDFIs through strategic partnerships with leading corporations such as Google and Twitter, mainstream financial institutions such as Bank of America and Wells Fargo, and philanthropic organizations such as the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
OFN builds the strength of its membership and other CDFIs through financial products and services, events, training, research, policy advocacy, and visibility. Currently, OFN has an on-balance sheet loan portfolio of more than $150 million and manages capital on-and off-balance sheets of nearly $1 billion, and has plans to bring an additional $1 billion in new private capital to the industry.
To learn more, visit: https://www.ofn.org/
People who work at OFN come from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds. If you:
- Have a passion for the mission and true believer in our core purpose
- Have courage to be a fearless advocate who is confident and resilient in our fight to drive capital into low-income and low-wealth communities
- Are a smart, quick seekers of knowledge who thrive on creating and developing new strategies, products, and programs for increasing capital to communities we serve
- Desire to be a collaborative team player who possesses humility and a willingness to lean in to support all areas of our work
Come be a part of our growing, diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff. At OFN, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply nonetheless. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. All staff currently work a hybrid schedule.
- Assist Financial Services team in loan underwritings, including financial and qualitative analyses, calculations, summaries and other tasks as required by the underwriter.
- Assist in analysis and preparation of annual loan portfolio review.
- With support from senior staff, perform annual credit reviews of borrowers.
- Spread borrowers financial statements into OFN statement template.
- Manage loan covenant compliance, including financial statement collection, and borrowing base compliance with loan agreement, performing quarterly covenant compliance checks, and following up with borrowers in the case of covenant violations.
- Communicate to Financial Services Team status of receipt of quarterly financial statements, quarterly compliance checks and reporting, portfolio reports, spreads and scheduling of annual reviews.
- Analyze portfolio trends and identify portfolio vulnerabilities by interpreting data on payment trends, borrower financial ratios, pricing, economic influences, and other factors affecting the portfolio.
- Schedule Investment Committee meetings, compile/distribute investment committee packages and follow-up with committee members needs/requests for information as well as take meeting minutes.
- Provide quality customer service at all points of contact with OFN borrowers and prospects as well as answer questions and advise customers regarding loans and transactions with OFN borrowers and prospects.
- Confer with CDFIs and other business representatives to exchange credit information as needed as well as conduct research for new program or project developments.