Looking for a flexible part-time position that can keep you sharp and provide extra income?
Peterson Bros Inc. is seeking a part-time Accountant for our Cranberry Twp, PA office. In this position you will assist in performing all accounting functions for Peterson Bros Inc., a priviatly held holding company with businesses in multiple industries. You will be able to use your strong work ethic and high attention to detail to help our controller with the ever expanding accounting needs of a growing group of companies.
The Part-time Accountant will work directly with the controller and owners of the company. The work schedule will be flexible and at leadt 10 hours per week.
- Manage credit card bills.
- Obtain receipts for each transaction.
- How many people have cards?
- How many different cards are there?
- Enter A/P into system
- Print checks for signing
- Initiate or approve ACH and wire transfers
- Prepare invoices to send to customers
- Post payments to general ledger
- Make deposits into bank account
Banking & Cash Management
- Reconcile accounts with bank statements
- Manage the Petty Cash bag and complete reconciliations
- Process employee expense reimbursements
- Process payroll
- Submit withholdings
- Post journal entries
- Validate the local tax rate that is to be used for paying employee’s local payroll taxes.
Assist with Audits (for example)
- Sales and use tax audits
- Workers comp audits
- Annual audits required by bank or shareholders
- Fiduciary audits
Assist with purchasing and vendor management. For example:
- Phone service
- Internet service
- Insurance carriers and policy renewals
- CPA firm
- Law firm
- Cleaning service
- Facility maintenance issues, like HVA/C, bathrooms
- Copiers and printers
- Purchasing office supplies
- Website management
- UPS and freight
- Time and attendance software
- Building Access Control system
- Security cameras
- Hazardous waste-removal vendors
- One-time purchases
IT and Computer-related Issues
- Purchase IT gear
- Resolve easier computer or printer malfunctions
- Provide tech support for our phone system
Attend internal meetings as needed
- Financial Reporting committee
- Employee Benefits (health and other insurances) committee
- 401(k) committee
- Hazard, risk and insurance committee
- Compensation committee
- Annual tax planning meeting(s)
Create or revise policies or procedures to strengthen our processes
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Distribute incoming mail and UPS packages
- Weigh and affix postage to outgoing mail and freight packages.
- Drive to post office
- Be the point-of-contact for mail carrier and express mail truck drivers.
- Answer the phones as needed
- Greet visitors and allow access to the building as needed
- To local bank branch for deposits or certified checks
- To a store to purchase something we can’t buy online
- To the post office
- One-time accounting or research projects