Opportunity Finance Network (OFN) seeks an eager and talented writer to join our Development & Capitalization team. This is a great role for someone who wants to work in close collaboration with senior members of the Development & Capitalization Team and with other OFN staff across the organization to support and leverage strong relationships with new and existing philanthropic, bank and corporate funders and impact investors. Under the supervision of the SVP, the position drafts initial documents, papers, and correspondence as well as compile reports from various existing databases. Come be a part of an industry that helps accelerate greater economic impact in rural, urban, and Native communities.
OFN is a leading national network of CDFIs headquartered in Washington, D.C. In pursuit of our mission to align capital with social, economic, and political justice, OFN supports its 360+ member CDFIs to drive transformational change in financially underserved rural, urban, and Native communities nationwide. We help money flow to people and places where traditional finance doesnt reach. As a financial intermediary, OFN secures private capital for CDFIs through strategic partnerships with leading corporations such as Google and Twitter, mainstream financial institutions such as Bank of America and Wells Fargo, and philanthropic organizations such as the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
OFN builds the strength of its membership and other CDFIs through financial products and services, events, training, research, policy advocacy, and visibility. Currently, OFN has an on-balance sheet loan portfolio of $150 million and manages capital on-and off-balance sheets of nearly $1 billion, and has plans to bring an additional $1 billion in new private capital to the industry.
To learn more, visit www.ofn.org
People who work at OFN come from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds. If you:
- Have a passion for the mission and true believer in our core purpose.
- Have courage to be a fearless advocate who is confident and resilient in our fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
- Are a smart, quick seekers of knowledge who thrive on creating and developing new strategies, products, and programs for increasing capital to communities we serve.
- Desire to be a collaborative team player who possesses humility and a willingness to lean in all areas of our work.
Come be a part of our growing diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff. At OFN, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply nonetheless. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. All staff currently work a hybrid schedule.
- Support team members in grant proposal development and submission process.
- Contribute to the teams planning and strategy development with quality research and analysis from external and internal sources to provide synthesized, thoughtful research that feeds funder prospecting, proposals, concept papers, and external communications.
- Prepare and organize materials for grant proposals; submit and monitor grant applications.
- Support grant compliance including coordination of funder and investor reporting, tracking deliverables and monitoring grant budgets with high standards of effectiveness, timeliness, and completeness.
- Support the timely completion and submission of all funder and investor reports. Monitor and maintain the funder and investor reporting schedules and requirements, including records on enterprise-wide CRM (Salesforce) platform.
- Monitor and maintain various internal systems: SharePoint files, Funder and Investor onboarding, CRM platform (Salesforce).
- Support capitalization-related business development pipeline through proposal and collateral construction.
- Draft compelling progress and final reports to funders that capture programmatic success, collaborating with OFN staff across teams.
- Execute and coordinate external correspondence and ensure acknowledgment of funders/investors in OFNs external communications.
- Track daily operations and reporting or resolving issues.
- Participate in and coordinate meetings and calls with funders/investors.
- Collaborate with the SVP, Development to update the systems, data, and research that drive funder/investor relationship planning and execution, including contact information, communications logs, pipeline, etc. using Salesforce.
- Support OFNs sponsorship activities, assist in relationship management and logistical planning for the OFN Conference and other sector events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5-7 years work experience in lieu of a degree
- 1-3 years of experience in fundraising, grant writing, and/or grants management strongly preferred
- Demonstrated formal writing experience required, preferably analytical or persuasive in nature.
- Experience working with CRM databases is highly beneficial; experience with Salesforce a plus
- Excellent customer service, collaboration, and relationship management skills, with internal and external partners. Ability to collaborate with other teams within OFN.
- Must possess strong analytical and persuasive writing skills as well as superior editing skills, including ability to convey complex information in a clear manner to diverse audiences with a high attention to detail required.
- Motivated with the ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines concurrently, and at times, under pressure without sacrificing quality. Must be able to work under moderate supervision in an effective and efficient manner in a fluid environment.
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, and tactically to analyze results and serve as an adaptable problem-solver.
- Strong work ethic, a high level of integrity, ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all work, and a commitment to organizational success.
- Digital literacy and ability to navigate workplace technology and software.
- Light travel required (<15% of time).
- Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position.
Supervisor: SVP, Development & Capitalization FLSA: Exempt
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to: